STM 22/23/24-2XX Retirement Watch/Sightings

I had the pleasure of riding 24-301 on the 164 SN extra! I noticed that there are lots of scratches on the windows and graffiti on the walls. Also, the wire to activate the bell on the driver side doesn't extend all the way to the back like it normally would (see picture below).

24301-164-dudemaine-cut-wire.jpeg

24301-terminus-henri-bourassa.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm not too sure what it is doing. It seems like Legendre needs to use one of the retired buses for training, since 22-410 has been spotted last December doing training; soon after it disappeared and 24-270 was taken out of service and occasionally seen running out of service or at SAAQ.

So in summary, we still have one in service, 24-301. ISCs that are still in running condition (for any purposes) to date are: 24-207, 219 (solidaribus), 270 and 301. They dropped out really fast... not even 6 months ago we still had 22 series running, and SN/LE are almost devoid of 2nd gens today.

• Sad 2

That's unfortunate.

According to a press release from the STM, 24-219 will still be "used for a few weeks". I guess the shuttle service will probably end by the end of the month and then the bus will be scrapped. 24-207 and 270 likely won't stick for long either, if they're still running.

While the 2nd gens lasted here, I appreciated every second I spent aboard those fantastic machines, despite my sparse rides on them (especially in 2018). I'll especially miss the leather seats (and the smell), and the loud ISC/ZF combo (which I can still occasionally hear with the STL units, thankfully). Perhaps my luck will end up being slightly better in fall (and hopefully by then SD won't be all filled with 31 series junk), but it's time to move on to something else for now, I suppose.

59 minutes ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

That's unfortunate.

According to a press release from the STM, 24-219 will still be "used for a few weeks". I guess the shuttle service will probably end by the end of the month and then the bus will be scrapped. 24-207 and 270 likely won't stick for long either, if they're still running.

While the 2nd gens lasted here, I appreciated every second I spent aboard those fantastic machines, despite my sparse rides on them (especially in 2018). I'll especially miss the leather seats (and the smell), and the loud ISC/ZF combo (which I can still occasionally hear with the STL units, thankfully). Perhaps my luck will end up being slightly better in fall (and hopefully by then SD won't be all filled with 31 series junk), but it's time to move on to something else for now, I suppose.

Doesn’t look good for the 24-000 series, their first service was in 2004 and 16 years as past and we still had some 24-000 running in 2021 that makes 17 years for some. From what I heard, some buses need to run more because of how much kilometres they have ran. 22-215,23-218 probably had that problem. Now, from seeing 24-264 at legendre yesterday was shocking to me. It doesn’t have a farebox, no Covid board, no ads but does have ad racks. It’s possible that it could come back. We gotta keep an eye on that one. Maybe it will be back like 22-215 and 23-218 for it’s kilometres. This era for these ISC are coming to an end unfortunately. We shall see if they will do anything with 24-291 or 24-301.