STM 38-XXX Delivery Watch / Sightings

En Transit

38-088 was parked as Spécial - école near John Abbott this afternoon.

I took 38-032 on the 208. The rear doors seemed like they closed fine but it prevented the front doors from closing and the bus from moving. The bus ended up stuck at the Cérès / Cloverdale loop where I ended up getting off to take the 213.

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Gerbil said:

38-010 is currently tracking on the 125. It isn't doing a MR extra (there is only one during PM rush), so perhaps Frontenac is starting to get their hybrids.

Got the 38-010 on 24 a couple of days ago. So Frontenac will have random buses across the 38 series? (Not 38-051 to 38-100)

9 hours ago, FelixINX said:

9 hours ago, Gerbil said:

38-010 is currently tracking on the 125. It isn't doing a MR extra (there is only one during PM rush), so perhaps Frontenac is starting to get their hybrids.

Got the 38-010 on 24 a couple of days ago. So Frontenac will have random buses across the 38 series? (Not 38-051 to 38-100)

So if SL sends some 38s, does that mean that FR will send some of their buses to SL so that SL isn’t just loosing buses?

On 10/12/2018 at 8:01 AM, FelixINX said:

No idea, but there's no reason it would have to be the second 50. They could just as well get 38-001-38-050. Usually buses are initially sent to garages in blocks but it gets fragmented over time.

-

I took 38-094 on the 90 during AM rush today. The driver's rear view mirror is a different shape, more square than the ones in the older buses. I haven't noticed it in the earlier vehicles (highest I'd taken before was 38-071), but that may just be because I wasn't observant.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got on 38-082 on the 204 yesterday. I noticed the symmetrical ceiling, unlike the older hybrids, which only had one side suitable for ad racks. I wonder which bus in the 38-000s had it first, as I'm looking at videos of buses up to 38-074 and the ceiling is still asymmetrical.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MTL66 said:

Frontenac was due to receive their hybrids as the training is done. Next garage up is Anjou starting in December for the arrival of 95 2019 Hybrids in MArch.

As posted by @Frozen Yogurt there will be 125 buses in 2018. In the latest En Commun, the STM said that 100 buses are going to CT St-Laurent. Would that mean that the 25 extra buses are going to Frontenac and some next year?

• Like 1