Silly Tilley

MiWay D60LFR charter - Sunday, April 22

With MiWay receiving 30 Nova LFS artics, retirement of the 2008 D60LFRs is on the horizon. Even though MiWay plans to keep at least 5 of these buses a bit longer this is not guaranteed (plans can change) and if the remaining ones get sent to Malton that complicates the logistics of the charter.

There will be a charter with a MiWay D60LFR bus on Sunday, April 22. The charter will be a minimum of 4 hours with the possibility of extending it to 5 hours should there be enough participants.

More details such as start/finish times, location, payment etc. will be posted closer to the date. This post is meant as a 'save the date' post and to see what interest is like for this charter. 

• Like 7

On 3/9/2018 at 12:17 AM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

Interested. I've been wanting to attend an artic charter even attending my first charter!

But this isn't your first charter ;)

• Like 2

On 3/21/2018 at 1:39 PM, Doppelkupplung said:

Any update on this charter? 

On 3/22/2018 at 9:21 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

I am interested in going 

Thanks for your interest in the charter, please keep April 22 in mind. I should have more finalized details next week after the easter weekend. Generally I like to wait until all the details have been finalized before posting them/opening up payment as it is less confusing for people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The MiWay D60LFR charter will depart Dixie Transitway Station (eastbound platform) at 12:00pm, returning for around 5:30pm. There will be no lunch stop but there will be opportunities for restroom breaks.

Parking is available at Dixie Station. For those taking transit note the following suggestions:
-From Square One, routes 107 and 109 both serve Dixie Station. Consult schedules on MiWay website
-From Long Branch GO, take 5 Dixie northbound at 11:17, arriving at Dixie Station at 11:46
-From TTC Islington Station, take 109 Meadowvale Express northbound at 11:15, arriving at Dixie Station at 11:39
-GO Transit routes 19 (Finch/North York) and 40 (Hamilton/Richmond Hill) also serve Dixie Station. Consult the schedules on the GO website.

COST: $45, payment in advance via either interac e-transfer or paypal is required. If you are interested, please send me a PM indicating you are interested and I will provide you the email address to make payment.

Thank you! If you have any questions feel free to message me.

• Like 1

Just a reminder that the charter will be on Sunday, full details in a post above. If you haven't let me know you are coming please do so I know who's coming. There is lots of space with an artic. 

A note for those driving to Dixie Transitway the address is 4440 Dixie Road (corner of Dixie/Eastgate). Take note of the attached map and follow the red line from Dixie to access the parking lot. The access is through a bunch of industrial side streets.

20180417_092931.png

• Thanks 1

An excellent and well planned charter! Big special thanks to Ryan Tilley for organizing this charter. I really had a great time. Looking forward to your next charter sir! :)

• Like 2

Well done Ryan! Hope to attend another one of your events in the future

• Like 1