The Toronto Transportation Society (TTS) will be chartering a New Flyer D40LF from Milton Transit on Saturday, May 12. We hope to charter one of the ex-Orange County buses (9700 series, built 1995) for a tour of Milton. Please see the attached PDF file for more details.

Transportation Weekend will be held on Labour Day weekend. More details will be released at a later date but for now, the plan is to charter a Parkinson highway coach on Saturday, September 1 for a tour of southwest Ontario (Guelph, Kitchener, Woodstock, Stratford). Hopefully he ION light rail will be open by that time and we can include a ride on the LRT. On Sunday, September 2, we will be chartering a PCC from the Toronto Transit Commission. 

Milton Transit D40LF Charter Flyer - 12MAY18.pdf

• Like 3

Looking forward to this. Might make this into a week long trip to drive from Toronto to Saskatoon and fan north central united states.

9 hours ago, MTL66 said:

Looking forward to this. Might make this into a week long trip to drive from Toronto to Saskatoon and fan north central united states.

Now that is dedication to the hobby my friend.

Just wanted to check if there is room still left for the D40LF charter?

There are still spots available but if you are interested, you should register as soon as possible. At this point, we are requesting bus 9705 with 9703 as a backup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi there.
I was going to put up a post in here prior to finding out that it is sold out as, based on where my finances are at the moment, I was going to say that I wouldn't have known where I'd be until the beginning of next month. More likely than not I would be in better circumstances. 
Since at around that time it'd be only about 11 or 10 days out and wouldn't be in need to mail out the payment and so on. 
Yes, I am interested to be put on the waiting list in the event of a cancellation. Would it be better if I was to just to hand in the cash payment if there is a cancellation?

I too would like to be put on the waiting list as well.

I would like to know about the Waiting List process. Would it mean that if someone was to cancel that I wouldn't need to pay a fee to attend, or would that already be covered from the cancelled attendee? If so, I'd still love to attend the Milton charter if possible.

On 4/18/2018 at 3:33 AM, 97SCT said:

I too would like to be put on the waiting list as well.

We will be allowing standees on this charter. If you are on the waiting list, you can show up to the charter if you wish to stand. We will offer a slight reduction on price for this.

We are asking that all available seats be taken (37 seats in total) and that people keep their camera bags in their lap, rather than on the seat beside them. It should be a good day as we have plenty of photo stops planned.

Thanks to TTS and Seashore_518203 for a great charter and loved the tour of the MTB. my link to my flickr account is in my signature.

To all at the TTS, thanks for a great charter. I twas the first time riding a D40LF that was part of Pacific Western's fleet. More accurately, it was the first time riding a Milton Transit bus that was younger then 2009. Excellent charter.

19 minutes ago, Ontario_Transit said:

I read it but is there anything else

Not until after. That is what is planned so far.

Any info for the Transportation weekend? I am in town for a wedding and might be able to swing the PCC event.

Sent in my payment for the ALRV charter. Very much looking forward to this! ^_^

• Like 1