The Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation (CTHF) is planning at least 2 events for 2018.

The first event will be an MCI/Nova Classic fan trip in Saskatoon, SK on Saturday, June 2, 2018. Please see attached PDF file for more details. We are hopeful of chartering an original Saskatoon Classic if available, but if not, then an ex-Calgary one will be substituted.

Our second event will be a trip to the Halton County Radial Railway (Rockwood ON) on a Sunday during the summer. The date has not been set but we will be chartering a Mississauga Transit Nova LFS artic and taking it to HCRR. Future details will be announced at a later date.

Saskatoon Charter Flyer and Waiver - 02JUN18.pdf

• Like 3

On 3/4/2018 at 2:42 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

Our second event will be a trip to the Halton County Radial Railway (Rockwood ON) on a Sunday during the summer. The date has not been set but we will be chartering a Mississauga Transit Nova LFS artic and taking it to HCRR. Future details will be announced at a later date.

Any update on this by any chance? Interested for sure. 

38 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Any update on this by any chance? Interested for sure. 

I would probably wait until after the Saskatoon charter for updates on this one. It takes a fashion to plan a trip like this with so many events going on between now and June.

44 minutes ago, Chris W said:

I would probably wait until after the Saskatoon charter for updates on this one. It takes a fashion to plan a trip like this with so many events going on between now and June.

gotcha; thanks

I was unable to secure the vacation days I wanted to attend the Saskatoon Charter. I was bumped by a week, so changing my plans and going to attend the BHA event instead.

• Like 1

I've always wanted to visit Halton County. But I hope this event will take place in the late Summer. I've already used up a lot of my vacation time for this year and need to accumulate more days.

• Like 1

The Saskatoon Classic fan trip is now only a few weeks away. There is still plenty of room left so registrations will be accepted even up to the day of the event.

Saskatoon Transit has informed the CTHF that the charter bus should be # 449 which is in the midst of getting an engine swap. It should be ready for our event but an ex-Calgary bus will be used if there are any last minute mechanical difficulties.

• Thanks 2

On 7/6/2018 at 8:13 AM, Seashore_518203 said:

Thanks for letting us know. We will check into it.

EDIT: This has now been fixed.

I am in for this! Totally forgot this was coming up.

EVENT CANCELLED. As a result of the limited response to date for this charter, CTHF has regrettably had to cancel this event.   Payments made by registrants will be refunded as soon as possible.

The CTHF is hopeful of having an event in conjunction with Halton County Radial Railway, one of our Heritage partners, at some future date. 

• Sad 1

Thanks for trying!

• Like 1