TTC Nova Bus Fleet Refurbs & Retirements Tracking

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

The photo you have of the unit was taken almost two years ago so in order for you to justify that the unit is still in revenue service you need a physical sighting of it currently. Until then, it's listed as MIA.

Nope, the bus is active now. Thus I have fixed the wiki. 9044 was gone for a considerable time back in 2014 while it was waiting for parts. Thus they parted the bus for other parts the needed it. You can't simply assume a bus is retired cause parts are missing from it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Nope, the bus is active now. Thus I have fixed the wiki. 9044 was gone for a considerable time back in 2014 while it was waiting for parts. Thus they parted the bus for other parts the needed it. You can't simply assume a bus is retired cause parts are missing from it.

Ok. After @BYD said that the bus is still around, I removed it as retired and put it as stored. I didn't know that the unit was repaired. Thanks for the clarification.

• Mar_AC_23 changed the title to TTC Nova Bus LFS/LFS Artic/LFS HEV Info (Incl. Rebuilds & Retirements)

This topic and most of the posts should really not even be here. This is the sightings subsection. I cannot sight a bus that hasn't been ordered yet! It would be better if the discussion for Novas be in a separate topic for discussions only and leave this one for rebuild sightings which won't happen anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Mar_AC_23 changed the title to TTC Nova Bus LFS Rebuilds & Retirements
On 3/6/2018 at 9:43 PM, BYD said:

Same reason how #7955 caught fire years ago and later returned to service. I don't know about how long the warranty lasts, but given #8573 was built in 2016, that bus will be easily repaired and returned to service.

Orion's warranty and Nova's warranty are two different things. Nova is today, Orion was 10 years ago.

It also depends on the component or sub system as they come off warranty at different times, coverage duration and scope are all things that are negotiated into the order contract for each batch.

Some more expensive components come with their own respective standalone warranties (historically thermo-king was a good example of this)

• Mar_AC_23 changed the title to TTC Nova Bus LFS Rebuilds & Retirements
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, PCC Guy said:

TTC graphic design is teasing a concept of the LFSAs in the new livery.

The most interesting thing reading the comments was the fact that the TTC RED on the Nova's is actually just red vinyl on the plain Painted white bus.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shemar said:

The prototype is already repainted according to a post on Twitter. It might be #9001 or #9007 considering that they're both at Hillcrest.

They also might be 9028 9029 both of which have been out of service for a long time

• Like 2