Shemar

TTC Nova Bus Fleet Rebuilds & Retirements Tracking

2 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

How did I not listen.... the post is gone my guy, don't try and start stuff when you don't know anything...

Now you're insulting my Matt-man. That's where I draw the line.

No more crap. Let's stop this before we get the entire board shut down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

Can anyone confirm if 9001 and 9028 are repainted or in the process of being repainted?

I would 9028 assume is being repainted because it's been gone for the same amount of time as 9029 which is now repainted

4 minutes ago, NoUse4AName said:

Anyone have pictures to confirm this?

Other than 9029, there were no other artics outside of hillcrest that I saw.

Unless someone has access inside hillcrest, then I would assume not.

• Like 1

Just now, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Other than 9029, there were no other artics outside of hillcrest that I saw.

Unless someone has access inside hillcrest, then I would assume not.

I might be able to swing by Hillcrest tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 7575 said:

I might be able to swing by Hillcrest tomorrow.

I would go by, but I got yelled at by a security guard a few years back. So I now am kind of scared...

Plus I am not sure if school will be cancelled or not( most likely not).

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I would go by, but I got yelled at by a security guard a few years back. So I now am kind of scared...

Plus I am not sure if school will be cancelled or not( most likely not).

They have some saucy guards there ? lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, transportationtoronto said:

i smell a thread about to get locked 👃

was about to comment the same thing. You know ever since somewhere in December 2017 all these foamers came on to the wiki and now it's ruined.

• Haha 1

Just now, NoUse4AName said:

They have some saucy guards there ? lol

Yeah. Apparently I was standing to close to the gate. I didn't know what to do, so I ran all the way to Bathurst.

He just stared at me the whole time. Being the young kid that I was super scared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Young said:

Any update on 9028 or 9029?

Both are still at Hillcrest. 9029 was temporarily sent back to Mt Dennis for MTO inspection and when completed was sent back to Hillcrest to complete the rebuild. 

12 minutes ago, BusFanForever said:

Both are still at Hillcrest. 9029 was temporarily sent back to Mt Dennis for MTO inspection and when completed was sent back to Hillcrest to complete the rebuild. 

9003? Has it entered the rebuild 

6 hours ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

9003? Has it entered the rebuild 

Hah. No, and after seeing it in person, I’d be very surprised if it did.

I heard from a friend at hillcrest that 8428 might be used as the prototype rebuild for the 40 foot novas do you know if you can find out? its at hillcrest currently for a couple weeks now.

3 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Hah. No, and after seeing it in person, I’d be very surprised if it did.

I heard from a friend at hillcrest that 8428 might be used as the prototype rebuild for the 40 foot novas do you know if you can find out? its at hillcrest currently for a couple weeks now.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tommike said:

any of artic back to ride yet and if so what route?

Not yet.

On 3/17/2019 at 5:31 PM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

712836BC-A0E0-4E9C-BD1E-9FCD50B56A17.thumb.jpeg.6a0f486a05fd3464b0d96a9f49bebf62.jpeg6BB7DB3B-D3C7-48D5-8E2C-9A5DD9E93D88.thumb.jpeg.bf3a0c3c83c1de29b155f52e0d7cb097.jpeg

Here are some really bad photos of the rear of what appears to be 9029 just beside Davenport garage.

I don't like the rear being all dark red. The current rear that is mostly white (those on the Nova hybrids) is much better because it's more visible.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, anyfong said:

I don't like the rear being all dark red. The current rear that is mostly white (those on the Nova hybrids) is much better because it's more visible.

Have to agree. An all-red rear almost certainly meant the bus went from stick-on decals to having a paint job.

Can't the TTC just peel off the old livery decals and stick the new ones on? Is there nothing better than simply painting over them?

Does anyone have any info on whether the rear doors are being replaced with newer ones altogether?

The rear doors that came installed on the 2015-2016 40ft Novas, and all the Nova Artics are nothing but pure trash; the amount of air that seeps in from them is pretty damn atrocious, especially during the winter time where they essentially render the heaters useless if passengers are around a 3 foot radius of them. The only other bus that came even close to being this bad with the air gaps was the Nova RTS, but even they werent as bad as the current 2015-2016 LFS.

23 minutes ago, lip said:

Does anyone have any info on whether the rear doors are being replaced with newer ones altogether?

The rear doors that came installed on the 2015-2016 40ft Novas, and all the Nova Artics are nothing but pure trash; the amount of air that seeps in from them is pretty damn atrocious, especially during the winter time where they essentially render the heaters useless if passengers are around a 3 foot radius of them. The only other bus that came even close to being this bad with the air gaps was the Nova RTS, but even they werent as bad as the current 2015-2016 LFS.

So you're saying the 2017+ LFSes have another type of door or they are newer so you don't notice this draft?

6 minutes ago, Orion V said:

So you're saying the 2017+ LFSes have another type of door or they are newer so you don't notice this draft?

Slightly tweaked design.