TTC Nova Bus Fleet Refurbs & Retirements Tracking

So when the last of the old livery Nova's get rebuilt, they'll have a bit of a break eh, since the next batch of LFS is from 2017, so not due for rebuilds for at least another year?

Are they still rebuilding any of the Orions? Some are still running around in the old livery.

5 minutes ago, MK78 said:

So when the last of the old livery Nova's get rebuilt, they'll have a bit of a break eh, since the next batch of LFS is from 2017, so not due for rebuilds for at least another year?

Are they still rebuilding any of the Orions? Some are still running around in the old livery.

They stopped refurbishing the orions back in 2020 and I doubt that they would be resuming that. For the 2017 novas, considering that there are 342 of them (8620-8716, 8720-8964), they might begin their midlife rebuild sometime this year and they'll have two years to rebuild that fleet. After the 2017 novas are rebuilt, the 2018 units 310 diesel (9200-9239, 3100-3369) and 55 hybrid (3400-3454) would be next.

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

They stopped refurbishing the orions back in 2020 and I doubt that they would be resuming that.

Not to be a rivet counter, but all of the hybrids that were repainted were just that. They did not undergo a second refurbishment.

2 hours ago, T3G said:

Not to be a rivet counter, but all of the hybrids that were repainted were just that. They did not undergo a second refurbishment.

Sorry I should've been more specific. I am aware that the orion hybrids only had one full refurbishment but when they were doing the repaints, other minor work was done on them as well so technically I wouldn't call them just repaints.

21 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

#8684 is at Hillcrest (repairs or signs of possible rebuild)

Its been there for less than a day. Relax lol there's a 99.9% chance it isn't for rebuild (based on the location it's at, it's definitely not for rebuild)

EDIT: it's out on eglinton avenue east now. told ya

• Like 3