TTC Nova Bus Fleet Refurbs & Retirements Tracking

9 hours ago, Shemar said:

You can't even call that a handmedown considering that 8439 has been at Queensway since July 2019

It is a handmedown because it was originally delivered to Arrow, was transferred to Birchmount, then Queensway and now it just had its mid life rebuild which is why it's called a 2.0 handmedown. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

It is a handmedown because it was originally delivered to Arrow, was transferred to Birchmount, then Queensway and now it just had its mid life rebuild which is why it's called a 2.0 handmedown. 

Oh god who cares Queensway will not be getting any new buses until the new Etobicoke garage is built just give it a rest it’s super irritating ?

On 6/4/2021 at 1:15 PM, Genius101 said:

Queensway handmedown 2.0 

I don’t understand what the issue is with handmedowns. Queensway inherited the D40LFs from Eglinton back in 2004, inherited the 7900s and 8000s from Arrow Road and Wilson respectively back in the early 2010s, and inherited part of the first batch of conventional LFSes from Arrow Road and Birchmount just a few years ago - all good buses (with the possible exception of the conventional LFSes depending on who you ask, but at least they are/were in the modern livery). As long as the buses are good, who cares if they came or which other yard they came from?

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

Whatever floats your boat

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genius101 said:

So? Each bus in the TTC fleet is wheelchair accessible and air-conditioned. What makes you think you're entitled to demand anything more than that?

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 1:15 PM, Genius101 said:

Queensway handmedown 2.0 

I hope when TTC orders a new batch of buses, that Wilson will get a lot of them and 8100 and 8200 series go to Queensway, so that we can keep watching your one trick pony act. 

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

Whatever floats your boat

Is it a hand me down boat?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

So? Each bus in the TTC fleet is wheelchair accessible and air-conditioned. What makes you think you're entitled to demand anything more than that?

It is even more handmedown because they are keep sending repainted nova back to Birchmount while sending one not repainted to Queensway..

I live in Etobicoke.. and 99 percent of the buses I see are not in the new livery… While I see tons of them in the other parts of the city

39 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

It is even more handmedown because they are keep sending repainted nova back to Birchmount while sending one not repainted to Queensway..

I live in Etobicoke.. and 99 percent of the buses I see are not in the new livery… While I see tons of them in the other parts of the city

Queensway has 25 rebuilt novas: 8421-8437, 8439, 8471-8474, 8476-8478. That's almost half of the LFS fleet that Queensway currently has. Plus, 14 of Queensway's novas are currently in different stages of their rebuilds. So eventually, you'll see more rebuilt units on the road in Etobicoke.

13 hours ago, Genius101 said:

You want new buses delivered to Queensway? It’s already 30 years ago dude @Genius101

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Shemar said:

Queensway has 25 rebuilt novas: 8421-8437, 8439, 8471-8474, 8476-8478. That's almost half of the LFS fleet that Queensway currently has. Plus, 14 of Queensway's novas are currently in different stages of their rebuilds. So eventually, you'll see more rebuilt units on the road in Etobicoke.

I calculated the number of fleets repainted per division (referred to CPTDB WIKI)

ARROW RD: 291/291 = 100%

EGLINTON: 243/243 = 100%

McNICOLL: 265/265 = 100%

WILSON: 246/253 = 97.23% (Every fleets except 1364, 1371, 1372, 1373, 1383, 1384, and 1395)

MOUNT DENNIS: 271/283 = 95.76% (Every fleets except 1356, 1359, 1378, 1379, 1406, 1407, 1409, 1410, 1412, 1413, 1415 and 1420)

MALVERN: 209/243 = 86.01% (Every fleets except 1225, 1226, 1248, 1255, 1271, 1277, 1280, 1288, 1290, 1296, 1299, 1306, 1307, 1310, 1315, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1334, 1335, 1339, 1342, 1343, 1351, 1352, 1363, 1364, 1366, 1369, 1392, 1393, 1394, 1401, 1402)

BIRCHMOUNT: 166/280 = 59.29%

QUEENSWAY: 25/214 = 11.68%

Looks like Birchmount will get to 100% once all the remaining NOVAs are rebuilt.

For Queensway, the maximum it can get right now is 27% if all 58 NOVAs in the divisions are rebuilt.. and it is not likely that ORION Vll diesel will get repainted since they will all be gone in the year or two. 

22 hours ago, TransitFan88 said:

I don’t understand what the issue is with handmedowns. Queensway inherited the D40LFs from Eglinton back in 2004, inherited the 7900s and 8000s from Arrow Road and Wilson respectively back in the early 2010s, and inherited part of the first batch of conventional LFSes from Arrow Road and Birchmount just a few years ago - all good buses (with the possible exception of the conventional LFSes depending on who you ask, but at least they are/were in the modern livery). As long as the buses are good, who cares if they came or which other yard they came from?

I have a feeling that all NOVA LFS (8400-8572, 8574-8617) will eventually go to the Queensway once all ORION Vll diesel (7900-7979, 8000-8099) are gone. Since the number of fleets in those set are similar to current level which is around 215-220. 

14 hours ago, raptorjays said:

I calculated the number of fleets repainted per division (referred to CPTDB WIKI)

Why does this matter? The only people who care about liveries are transit fans, and those are mobile - if they want to see buses in the new colours, they can go to where they are. The average passenger is not losing sleep because they ride to work in a kinder egg coloured bus instead of a slightly less kinder egg coloured one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

Why does this matter? The only people who care about liveries are transit fans, and those are mobile - if they want to see buses in the new colours, they can go to where they are. The average passenger is not losing sleep because they ride to work in a kinder egg coloured bus instead of a slightly less kinder egg coloured one.

Well.. I just calculated for fun, and you don't need to be sensitive sir. 

24 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

I'm sensitive? Didn't you just complain in your last post that you don't get any new livery buses in your neck of the woods, despite it not affecting operations or the passenger experience in any way?

On 6/7/2021 at 11:35 PM, raptorjays said:

39 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

If I were you, I would appreciate the buses that you have because the OGs are my favourite buses out the entire TTC fleet and we don't get them in the east end anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

I'm sensitive? Didn't you just complain in your last post that you don't get any new livery buses in your neck of the woods, despite it not affecting operations or the passenger experience in any way?

Everyone has a right to wonder about it to be honest. 

And older vehicles actually impacts the passenger experience. I've taken the TTC bus for the first time in a while. (49 Bloor West, QUEENSWAY DIVISION) and the Air conditioning was working poorly for both ways of my trip. 

Anyway, I kinda feel like Queensway is always the last one to get such an update, I think they were the last one to get VISION, and the new livery. One odd thing to mention is that they were actually the first one to get that presto machine. 

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

And older vehicles actually impacts the passenger experience. I've taken the TTC bus for the first time in a while. (49 Bloor West, QUEENSWAY DIVISION) and the Air conditioning was working poorly for both ways of my trip.

You're much more likely to see poor Air Conditioning on a newer NovaBus compared to an older Orion, and you can chalk that up to poor airflow management and the amount of heat allowed to be passed through the rear of the bus among a couple other things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, raptorjays said:

That has nothing to do with the paint scheme. A Nova LFS from 2016 in the old colours is likely to give you much less difficulties than an Orion hybrid in the new colours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raptorjays said:

And older vehicles actually impacts the passenger experience.

Not necessarily. As long as the bus can run on four wheels, has a working engine, and is maintained properly, then why the hell would I be concerned about the paint scheme that the bus has or the age of the bus? There are transit agencies that are running vehicles that are twenty plus years old and they're buses are working perfectly fine.

• Like 1