TTC Nova Bus Fleet Refurbs & Retirements Tracking

After my first stroll inside Harvey Shop for the year, these were my findings:

9095 waiting outside of the paint booth, while another unknown LFS artic is taped up and waiting for paint

9029 was re-repainted I think...?

9089 is repainted, awaiting final details

8430 repainted with no decals sitting inside another paint booth

9067 must be getting collision repairs done since it’s in the collision repairs section with an EPA ’10 VII,

9072 and 9096 are in different states of stripping for overhaul

8573 was beside 9072 for what could be more part harvesting

9085 repainted looking nearly ready to go back home

• Like 8

3 hours ago, TechnicaProductions said:

They're starting to repaint the 84s now?

I think that 8420 and 8430 are the prototypes for the 40ft LFS rebuild but I would assume that the other 84s would start rebuild after the artics have all gone through refurbishment.

• Like 2

Buses at Hillcrest

Duncan Shop: 

9097 could have been in a steam pressure washing room, while 9094 & 9111 are inside the shop for engine work prior to refurbishment

Harvey Shop:

- 8430 is mostly reassembled and has decals applied. Still waiting for a few more parts to be reattached

- 9057 is sitting outside of the paint booth

- 9096 is completely repainted, and has decals applied. But this bus is inside the paint booth that 9057 is parked behind

- 9129 is repainted, but no windows have been reinstalled yet

- 9071 & 9072 are both in different reassembly and decal application stages

lastly,

- 9088 & 9099 are both in decal (body paint) and window removal to assess if any body work is required on the exterior body panels

• Like 5

On 7/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, bus_7246 said:

Buses at Hillcrest

Duncan Shop: 

9097 could have been in a steam pressure washing room, while 9094 & 9111 are inside the shop for engine work prior to refurbishment

Harvey Shop:

- 8430 is mostly reassembled and has decals applied. Still waiting for a few more parts to be reattached

- 9057 is sitting outside of the paint booth

- 9096 is completely repainted, and has decals applied. But this bus is inside the paint booth that 9057 is parked behind

- 9129 is repainted, but no windows have been reinstalled yet

- 9071 & 9072 are both in different reassembly and decal application stages

lastly,

- 9088 & 9099 are both in decal (body paint) and window removal to assess if any body work is required on the exterior body panels

Is the bottom red paint on the skirt actually paint or is it a wrap. I saw one unit today with all the red paint flaking off. Is there a problem with the red paint sticking to the plastic skirt?

The YRT units seem to have trouble keeping the paint on the skirts as well, but those are factory painted.