2018 Arbocs

Gsgeek540

First new Arboc is on site as of today. Fleet numbers 1200-1336. 1722-1823 will be retired.

Once again, all shuttles will be moved to Spring Gardens as of the March, 2018 signup. No indication as to what will come the othet way. Spring Gardens will become the new 24/7 garage with Victoria Park becoming Mon-Fri only, along with Anderson.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Gsgeek540 said:

First new Arboc is on site as of today. Fleet numbers 1200-1336. 1722-1823 will be retired.

Once again, all shuttles will be moved to Spring Gardens as of the March, 2018 signup. No indication as to what will come the othet way. Spring Gardens will become the new 24/7 garage with Victoria Park becoming Mon-Fri only, along with Anderson.

They will Be all GM 6.0L V8 gas engine?

• 2 weeks later...

Calgary_Arboc_SOF-1.jpg

http://crestlinecoach.com/company/news/news02131801.aspx

Crestline Awarded $22 Million Contract for Calgary Transit Community Fleet

February 13, 2018 – Saskatoon, SK, Canada – Crestline Coach, Canadian supplier of small to mid-sized buses and a global leader in ambulance and specialty vehicle manufacturing, secured a 5-year contract with a $22 million dollar order representing the first year commitment to renew Calgary Transit’s community shuttle fleet. The renewal will ensure safe, accessible and comfortable transportation for all Calgary Transit passengers.

Crestline partnered with ARBOC Specialty Vehicles, a New Flyer company, to structure a turnkey solution for Calgary’s fleet replacement project around the ARBOC Spirit of Freedom (SOF) model. This low floor community shuttle bus is highly accessible for all passengers, including those with limited mobility. Through its low floor entry and fully flat floor design, the SOF offers a wide range of motion and maneuverability for its wheelchair passengers. Non-wheelchair passengers also enjoy a safe and comfortable ride in the theatre-style seating, which ensures greater visibility. The sleek design allows operators to easily navigate narrow streets, reaching neighborhoods and providing specialized transit services, where standard sized buses cannot access. 

Crestline’s in-house engineering staff worked closely with Calgary’s technical team to streamline the integration of various electrical components and sub-systems, which is the backbone of Calgary’s fleet management infrastructure.  The clean, integrated design ensures ease of accessibility to key systems for operators and technicians  

With the goal of providing Calgary with a turnkey solution, which allows new additions to their fleet to move seamlessly from delivery into service, Crestline’s 80,000 square foot specialty vehicle manufacturing facility in Saskatoon will be responsible for electrical installation and electrical system validation along with final vehicle preparation for all units prior to delivery to Calgary. Crestline’s broad specialty vehicle design and manufacturing capabilities uniquely positions the company to support large fleet operations like Calgary Transit who are looking to streamline their vehicle commissioning process while reducing costs.   Crestline is also handling all activities surrounding the decommissioning of Calgary’s retired fleet.

Crestline is proud to support Calgary Transit’s vision in being the first choice for Getting Around Calgary. Their mission is to connect their passengers with the people and places they care about by providing safe, accessible, relatable and courteous public transportation services. Their proud and talented employees are dedicated to delivering public transportation services with friendly and knowledgeable customer service through efficient and adaptable practices. Calgary Transit is located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. For more information on Calgary Transit, please visit www.calgarytransit.com.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That was fast!

I went for a ride tonight and got some crappy photos:

1200-1.jpg 1200-2.jpg 1200-3.jpg 1200-4.jpg

They're pretty similar to the Arbocs we already have, but there are a few notable changes:

• Ride quality was easily the best I've experienced on an Arboc, even when I was the only person on the bus. You do still feel the bumps but they're smooth.
  • Luminator destination signs, including a full size side sign
  • Orange rear turn signals
  • No vertical stanchions inside the bus, just some horizontal ones running along the roof with straps to hang onto.

Everything else is more or less the same. No a/c or bike rack, seats are the same, inside of the bus generally looks the same. Same announcement speaker, but moved about a third of the way back on the driver side - and there was some sort of smaller white speaker next to it?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

And #1200 is on a route 50 all day today (If it survives).  

Speaking of which, why is it that CT claimed to have started shopping around for medium duty buses (such as the vicinity) and then just decided to buy 137 buses that they said themselves won't serve the city well in the long run?

• Like 1

The New Arboc was way better than the old one:

1: More space, I can feeling the New Arboc just like i am in a VICINITY.

2: Better ride, Because the new Arboc have They get the rubber spring mount suspension, you feeling you are in a cadillac Compared the old Arboc.

3: Bigger sign, the I think all 3 sign in the bus was full side.

4: Better heater, the heater was more warm compared  the old one, Some those 1800's was so cold.

5: Straps, Now i don't need worry about i stand up .

Maybe i am still not a Arboc friend, but I can say is Arboc they learn from the past. 

I still wish Arboc can get the HVAC for hot day.

3 Question About The new Arboc i have to ASK( hope some one can answer me):

1:Does the new Arboc get heavier Rear Axle Compared the Old Arboc we get ?because the wheel differential look like way bigger than the old one.

2: Does the new Arboc have interlock, because the Drive tell me he feeling the bus have Interlock.

3: Does the Arboc re design the RAMP, because those new bus ramp feeling is way better than the old one.

微信图片_20180217184108.jpg

微信图片_20180217184117.jpg

微信图片_20180217184122.jpg

微信图片_20180217184129.jpg

微信图片_20180217184135.jpg

微信图片_20180217184140.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, School Bus 101 said:

1200 is on the 74 today. It's getting quite the workout with these all-day runs! 

I guess they try to run the hell up in the New arboc, And try to find to find out any problem can be happen in the bus, And fix that before other unit deliver to Calgary Transit.

But no any problem was very good for a new bus, less I ask the drive, They tell me they all  like the new arboc.

13 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

I guess they try to run the hell up in the New arboc, And try to find to find out any problem can be happen in the bus, And fix that before other unit deliver to Calgary Transit.

But no any problem was very good for a new bus, less I ask the drive, They tell me they all  like the new arboc.

They're more way more fuel efficient than the diesels. I assume they have the OEM suspension.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

They're more way more fuel efficient than the diesels. I assume they have the OEM suspension.

Fuel Efficient yes or no i don't need to answer. But if for a bus run about 16 or more hours a day, gas engine will be not last Longer Compared to a diesel engine. here is two web page for you.

http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/1501-2015-chevrolet-silverado-2500hd-duramax-and-vortec-gas-vs-diesel/

https://www.newmarcorp.com/blog/gas-vs-diesel-motorhomes-whats-right-for-me/

If the diesel engine have a same payload to with gas engine, Diesel engine still more fuel Efficient.

Only bad think about diesel now is diesel aftertreatment system, Like the diesel particulate filter  and Selective Catalytic Reduction, they can be  more problem.

For example, Diesel particulate filter have a Regeneration to clean the filter, some time will be making the fuel efficient going down and lost power in 30 min, but after than still more fuel efficient than a gas engine. 

They have the OEM suspension, Like most the motorhome , Arboc also make the Air suspension for Spirit or mobility.