I once caught this NYCT MTA Novabus RTS in my neighborhood and thought this was a pretty good sounding bus (it's just a video of the bus passing by but I think this still shows how well this bus sounds):

1948 ACF Brill with its underfloor Hall-Scott gasoline engine backfiring going up Loch Raven Blvd. One blew off its muffler almost in front of my house; it stayed in the grass median for quite a while.

• Like 1

TTC's EPA10 VIIs sound really good. They remind me of our D60LF/Rs and Inveros, even though they have different engines and transmissions.

The VIIs have ISL9s with B400R6s.

Our D60LFs have the ISL with the B500R6, and our D60LFRs have the ISL9 in place of the ISL. The Inveros have ISLs with the B400R5 for comparison.

Times are noted in the description. 3:42, 4:10 and 10:42 (!) are some of the best. Also check 8:00. Its amazing how fast its gets into 6th. 

This thing was just raping that microphone the whole way. 

14 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Times are noted in the description. 3:42, 4:10 and 10:42 (!) are some of the best. Also check 8:00. Its amazing how fast its gets into 6th. 

This thing was just raping that microphone the whole way. 

It doesn't sound bad. What powertrain is it using, do you know?

10 hours ago, Bus Photography MB said:

I have to say it’s Winnipeg Transit #548. It’s a 2002 New Flyer D40LF powered with a Cummins ISC 280HP Diesel Engine, and has a Allison B400R5 Gear Transmission. 

https://youtu.be/gY9pxdjl1Ac

That sounds really good. Surprising how similar the ISC and ISL sound. 

@Ninja Bus Fan, those are the axles you're looking for. 

12 hours ago, Bus Photography MB said:

I have to say it’s Winnipeg Transit #548. It’s a 2002 New Flyer D40LF powered with a Cummins ISC 280HP Diesel Engine, and has a Allison B400R5 Gear Transmission. 

Sounds similar to our Inveroes.

Here's another good sounding bus:

This is by Trever Logan, Jr.

The bus in question is a 1995 NovaBus Classic with a S50 and a B400R5. Reminds me of our Vs and VIs, as they sounded exactly the same.