Jump to content
Express691

2018 Garage Transfers and Storage Reactivations

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Express691 said:

Speaking of expansion, has anyone actually gone on google earth and estimated how many buses each yard can take at max capacity?

Here's an approximate count based on 40' buses unless otherwise noted:

  • STC:    240 (Not counting the 35 shuttle spaces)
  • HTC:   305
  • RTC:    256
  • VTC:    530
  • BTC:    153 (South)    102  Artics (North)
  • PTC:    165 (Current layout) or 275 (Using lanes)

If Translink were to expand the current West Vancouver Transit Center using the ICBC lot for the new maintenance facilities and the current lot for bus storage, I estimate it could fit around 136 buses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, andrewjoystick said:

Here's an approximate count based on 40' buses unless otherwise noted:

  • STC:    240 (Not counting the 35 shuttle spaces)
  • HTC:   305
  • RTC:    256
  • VTC:    530
  • BTC:    153 (South)    102  Artics (North)
  • PTC:    165 (Current layout) or 275 (Using lanes)

If Translink were to expand the current West Vancouver Transit Center using the ICBC lot for the new maintenance facilities and the current lot for bus storage, I estimate it could fit around 136 buses.

  

Has Translink ever thought of a multi story bus garage???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

Has Translink ever thought of a multi story bus garage???

So VTC could theoretically add all the 104 Nova Hev's and just transfer out the Hev's to RTC And retire the D40LF's? and still have space?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cleowin said:

So VTC could theoretically add all the 104 Nova Hev's and just transfer out the Hev's to RTC And retire the D40LF's? and still have space?

You get more space once the Orions move out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider how in Singapore they'll be able to fit three stacked train depots and an adjacent multi-story bus depot (for double-deckers!) on the same site.

20181115_East%20Coast%20integrated%20dep

Read the press release, which just came out days ago: https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=3ea9df4b-d1c1-48ab-bcb8-ce5141af0f82

TransLink might just learn something... I know it's coming...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Consider how in Singapore they'll be able to fit three stacked train depots and an adjacent multi-story bus depot (for double-deckers!) on the same site.

20181115_East%20Coast%20integrated%20dep

Read the press release, which just came out days ago: https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=3ea9df4b-d1c1-48ab-bcb8-ce5141af0f82

TransLink might just learn something... I know it's coming...

 

Or it could just end up buried to the ground by NIMBYs. If you try to even attempt that idea in the Lower Mainland, there'll be huge protests from these loudmouths. Look what happened to NVTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Firebrand said:

Or it could just end up buried to the ground by NIMBYs. If you try to even attempt that idea in the Lower Mainland, there'll be huge protests from these loudmouths. Look what happened to NVTC.

The new Marpole Transit Centre (Silvertree Site) could probably get away with doing that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×