2018 Garage Transfers and Storage Reactivations

Express691

49 minutes ago, cleowin said:

It’ll likely be retired by htc’s xn40’s that are arriving later next year

Unless they realize what the bus means in terms of being the oldest active bus for CMBC, outliving all of its order (besides 7112), and quite a lot of buses from orders that came afterwards.

3 minutes ago, popillil said:

Or a museum of some kind, or something.

I doubt that HTC will build a museum but I think everyone here including me would love to see H7115 transferred or sold to Trams at the end of its operational life with Translink.

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

TRAMS is full from what I know.

In my opinion Trams should ask the government for a little money saying that it will goes towards preserving the British Columbian transit heritage. Then if and when they get this money they buy/rent/lease a big airport hangar were they could store all their busses and all the many more to come and were they could work on their busses and restore them. I also think that some of the money should go towards hiring a full time mechanic to maintain and restore the busses. But of course this is just me dreaming and this will probably never happen. My biggest dream would be that one of the older fishbowls or something like that would operate on a route in Vancouver one or two hours a day weekly or that it would go out for a full day run on the weekends every week. The best part is, is that the bus would never go on the same route consecutively so it will give every one a try at being the first to spot it and everyone would be able to see a gem of Vancouvers history.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thomasw said:

In my opinion Trams should ask the government for a little money saying that it will goes towards preserving the British Columbian transit heritage. Then if and when they get this money they buy/rent/lease a big airport hangar were they could store all their busses and all the many more to come and were they could work on their busses and restore them. I also think that some of the money should go towards hiring a full time mechanic to maintain and restore the busses. But of course this is just me dreaming and this will probably never happen. My biggest dream would be that one of the older fishbowls or something like that would operate on a route in Vancouver one or two hours a day weekly or that it would go out for a full day run on the weekends every week. The best part is, is that the bus would never go on the same route consecutively so it will give every one a try at being the first to spot it and everyone would be able to see a gem of Vancouvers history.

Great, why don't you start writing your MLA for that.

Now, to bring this back to reality, TRAMS could apply for grants from various cultural/historic funding sources, but they would be competing against other organizations around the province (or even country, since there are some federal grants avaliable to) for the limited amount of money.  In addition, most of those grants are one time for specific projects, not blank cheques.  Even ones for operations would need to be reapplied for every year.

Also, if the bus went out on a regular basis, it would be given a specific schedule, not randomly assigned.  After all, if the provincial government is giving TRAMS money, then part of the condition of receiving that money would be to actually have people experience the transit history.  Having a heritage bus randomly assigned to different routes would not be conductive to that goal, and would only be there to give foamers bragging rights about something.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Marriott said:

Great, why don't you start writing your MLA for that.

Now, to bring this back to reality, TRAMS could apply for grants from various cultural/historic funding sources, but they would be competing against other organizations around the province (or even country, since there are some federal grants avaliable to) for the limited amount of money.  In addition, most of those grants are one time for specific projects, not blank cheques.  Even ones for operations would need to be reapplied for every year.

Also, if the bus went out on a regular basis, it would be given a specific schedule, not randomly assigned.  After all, if the provincial government is giving TRAMS money, then part of the condition of receiving that money would be to actually have people experience the transit history.  Having a heritage bus randomly assigned to different routes would not be conductive to that goal, and would only be there to give foamers bragging rights about something.  

I know that this will never happen.

That was just me dreaming