doglover44

2018 Transit Fanning goals

Ride Ion in Kitchener and the Confederation line in Ottawa, keep up with riding the new streetcars as they enter service, and get back to either Ireland or San Francisco in September.

I hope to grab a cab photo of one of Bratislava's Tatra T6A5 trams. Whether I'll have to charter one or if they'll have one at their annual doors open event next September remains to be seen. 

Beyond that, I don't really have any 'goals'. I guess to have fun and take photos of as much stuff as possible, because you never know which of your photos could be of an obscenely rare sighting five years down the road. ^_^

At least photograph anything related to SMART's new Fast service.

On 28/12/2017 at 1:50 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

My plan for 2018 is just to ride as many hybrids as possible, because they're going away as soon as LRT opens in Ottawa.

As much I liked the older buses, the hybrids aren't actually that bad. 

I'd think you should try get on as many STO classics as possible! STO will take these guys out in less than 3 months whereas OC won't retire the Hybrids and some D40i's until at least June. I only suggest this because of your name, lol.

• Thanks 1

Riding, photographing and recording the MiWay 2008 D60LFRs before they all retire this year. I've only gotten around 2-4 out of 35 so far, so I gotta get moving!

My goal is to ride as many STO classics as possible before the 28 new NovaBus buses come in. Already rode on 9108 in early December, hope to get the other remaining classics!

• Like 1

Finding 7400, 7403, 7477, 7499, 7629, 7448, 7799, and 7802.

Or just in general try to get into Eglinton to see decommissioned OG's.

Catch the newest buses running at LYNX, HART and Citrus Connection, more Amtrak (Silver Service), SunRail trains and the TECO Line Streetcar while on our Disney family trip this summer and finally get my arse down to Rutland Vt and go back to West Lebanon or Hanover, NH to get more Advance Transit buses and Dartmouth Coach and og see the new Downtown TC in Burlington, VT.