Heartbreaking loss

Antarctica

Sorry about this off topic post, but I have something to say coming from my chest.

It is come to my attention that one of my friends I attended high school with has passed away last week during a vacation in Cuba with her boyfriend in her attempt to rescue him from the Caribbean coast. A lifeguard eventually saved him but her body was recovered a few days later. 

As a longtime transit photographer and observer (as well as an occasional artist), I knew her personally as a friend, teammate and mentor because over the years, she had me in the same art class and I barely hang out with her or anyone this much often which I have never regret to do so ever again. Please keep their respective families in your prayer in this time of need.

If anyone wants to help and mention anything here as well, please donate by clicking this link below. Details to follow soon:
http://gofundme.com/roftowers

Thank you.

• Sad 8

38 minutes ago, Antarctica said:

Sorry about this off topic post, but I have something to say coming from my chest.

It is come to my attention that one of my friends I attended high school with has passed away last week during a vacation in Cuba with her boyfriend in her attempt to rescue him from the Caribbean coast. A lifeguard eventually saved him but her body was recovered a few days later. 

As a longtime transit photographer and observer (as well as an occasional artist), I knew her personally as a friend, teammate and mentor because over the years, she had me in the same art class and I barely hang out with her or anyone this much often which I have never regret to do so ever again. Please keep their respective families in your prayer in this time of need.

If anyone wants to help and mention anything here as well, please donate by clicking this link below. Details to follow soon:

Thank you.

I'm very sorry to hear this. My condolences go to your friends and family.

2 hours ago, Antarctica said:

Thank you.

I am very sorry to hear this but I hope your friend  finds a good place  in heaven My condolences goes to him and his family.????????

On 22/12/2017 at 3:41 PM, Antarctica said:

Thank you.

Sorry for your loss man. Hope that you are well! My thoughts, prayers and deep condolences are with you at this difficult time.

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry for you loss, its always sad to hear such things.

A friend of mine went missing on a dive excursion back in February and still hasn't been found.  Its always heart wrenching to receive such tragic news.

2 hours ago, 9924 said:

Sorry for you loss, its always sad to hear such things.

A friend of mine went missing on a dive excursion back in February and still hasn't been found.  Its always heart wrenching to receive such tragic news.

I'm sorry for yours too. It just sucks more when they have kids. My girlfriend's sister had a 4-year-old daughter. Just has shattered all of our hearts.