2018-2022 Community Shuttle Procurement

buizelbus

1 hour ago, Community Shuttle said:

Any idea if these numbered as a continuation of ARBOC (19550-19554) or separately (19551-19555)?

Continuation, just like every other year. 17501-17505, 17506-17564 | 18501-18509, 18510-18527 | 19501-19549, 19550-19554.

• Thanks 1

What's the point in ordering 5 high-floors if they could've just ordered 5 ARBOCs for 2020? Before the COVID situation happened I don't think much Community Shuttle expansion was even planned for this year and if they're just replacement units I'm sure whatever 5 units are in the best condition could survive another few months/another year.

All CMBC ARBOCs in service. WVMT just took delivery of 19536 and 19537

On 4/22/2020 at 5:11 PM, 8010 said:

What's the point in ordering 5 high-floors if they could've just ordered 5 ARBOCs for 2020? Before the COVID situation happened I don't think much Community Shuttle expansion was even planned for this year and if they're just replacement units I'm sure whatever 5 units are in the best condition could survive another few months/another year.

Turns out WVMT got four of the 49 ARBOCs.

16 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Just send them the 5 high floor ones and take ours back. They got enough so far. (rich land)

Not gonna lie I'm getting annoyed with West Van taking the ARBOCs as well. They've already taken a bunch of the RTC XD40s, and now they're taking a few of the HTC ARBOCs and leaving us with 5 random Girardins.

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

Not gonna lie I'm getting annoyed with West Van taking the ARBOCs as well. They've already taken a bunch of the RTC XD40s, and now they're taking a few of the HTC ARBOCs and leaving us with 5 random Girardins.

IMO, the Girardins are better, but I kinda agree, West Van (and First) should be getting what stuff CMBC doesn’t want, not poaching the good stuff.

A bus is a bus, and transporting people should be prioritized regardless of bus model/type.

That being said, I have seen some negative feedback from drivers and riders alike regarding these shuttles (steep wheelchair ramp and the overall design). Nonetheless, if Victoria is so used to them, then I'm sure that CMBC will as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Translink69 said:

IMO, the Girardins are better, but I kinda agree, West Van (and First) should be getting what stuff CMBC doesn’t want, not poaching the good stuff.

They get what they pay for... poaching it is not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Translink69 said:

I can understand why most people think the Girardins are better than ARBOCs, but as a 6'4" individual my main complaint about the Girardins is the lower clearance compared to the ARBOCs. I understand the complaints on the overall design of the ARBOCs as well, they are far from perfect but IMO the interior layout is better.

As @Express691 said, a bus is a bus. Even if I disagree with some of the choices they've made when it comes to ordering and managing their buses at least we are getting more and more buses on the roads every year.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Express691 said:

There's high suspicion that 19553/19554 went to Langley shuttles

I messaged a First Transit op, and they said there were two new buses. So it makes sense that 19553/19554 are at First Transit.

• Like 3