2019/2020 Double-Decker bus Procurement

Express691

• 3 weeks later...

Word going around is that this 214xx batch of deckers are total lemons and are undergoing various repairs and fixes. Order is delayed indefinitely.

Also means that the Orions will be lasting much longer until then

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Word going around is that this 214xx batch of deckers are total lemons and are undergoing various repairs and fixes. Order is delayed indefinitely.

Yah, I asked an operations supervisor and he said they had issues, they haven't reached the final inspection stage yet.

23 hours ago, Express691 said:

At this point Ill be surprised if they enter service this year

On 5/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, Express691 said:

Word going around is that this 214xx batch of deckers are total lemons and are undergoing various repairs and fixes.

Alexander Dennis - what do you expect? 😅

I had an opportunity to talk to a maintenance employee, he said the new order came with the same issues the 2019 order had. He said they are taking their time to get all the issues corrected with the dealer on the island before they take them for service. The latest issue that popped up were water leaks.

Interestingly, he said our Decker's are the very first to come with ZF transmission, Electric doors, Roof Mounted tailpipe. The new design/features made for hiccups.     

• Thanks 4

On 5/8/2022 at 12:37 AM, Phillip said:

The latest issue that popped up were water leaks.   

That's hardly new... 😂

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Normal drivers take a shower and then go to work.

Double decker drivers go to work and then take a shower.

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...

21401 was being showcased at RTC today. I asked an instructor and he said 21401 has been accepted.

Also, it does NOT have passenger seatbelts and yes it has a driver 3-point seatbelt.

I hope this puts to rest the questions regarding seatbelts that people have asked in previous posts.

• Thanks 2

Would this be considered a slight fleet expansion since there are currently only 20 2001 Orions left? I know some units have been slowly retiring over the last year or so, but the suburban routes have been operating normally in their absence.

4 hours ago, Transit Guy said:

Would this be considered a slight fleet expansion since there are currently only 20 2001 Orions left? I know some units have been slowly retiring over the last year or so, but the suburban routes have been operating normally in their absence.

2 Orion units were retired prematurely (2004 fire and 2011 accident), and the 2019 decker units also included an expansion of 5 units.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...