2019/2020 Double-Decker bus Procurement

Express691

On 6/25/2022 at 6:21 AM, Transit Guy said:

Would this be considered a slight fleet expansion since there are currently only 20 2001 Orions left? I know some units have been slowly retiring over the last year or so, but the suburban routes have been operating normally in their absence.

14 active units as of August 4th 2022. 9211 was just scrapped, and a couple more are on the retirement line.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Among the units arrived at RTC is 21401 21402 21405 21406 and as of this afternoon 21407.

21408 is demonstrating at the PNE.

There is no timeline for entry into service.

Maybe waiting for ALL 21401-21425 models to be delivered to RTC, put them all in service at once? 

21408 is at PNE and that is probably one reason there is no timeline?

14 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Maybe waiting for ALL 21401-21425 models to be delivered to RTC, put them all in service at once? 

21408 is at PNE and that is probably one reason there is no timeline?

They were delayed for 2 years now and there we leaks inside the bus but I'm sure they're getting them fixed up and getting stuff installed

1 hour ago, 96 Blader Line said:

They were delayed for 2 years now and there we leaks inside the bus but I'm sure they're getting them fixed up and getting stuff installed

They're designed and built by Alexander Dennis - leaks come as standard feature on all their models.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, 96 Blader Line said:

Ah ok, Pretty sure all orders now come with a shield at the bottom regardless of the transit agency ordering from a certain time down at Lougheed.

Its a joke - anyone who's ever driven or worked on any Alex D bus knows a thing or two about British "engineering".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...