2019/2020 Double-Decker bus Procurement

Express691

On 7/3/2019 at 2:07 AM, Express691 said:

If we are looking at these for the 620, then I think that these buses should have the triple bike rack design.

20190630_235113.thumb.jpg.ec7b1440f3ea53ebdc9ee9e5052f699c.jpg

Sadly the bike racks appear to only be for two bikes

Image may contain: outdoor

I hope the image above attached correctly

Here's a thing I noticed, though - when the bike rack is lowered, the front metal piece (I don't know the technical name for it) folds down, as seen in the image above. Would anyone know why it does this?

24 minutes ago, bob32189 said:

Here's a thing I noticed, though - when the bike rack is lowered, the front metal piece (I don't know the technical name for it) folds down, as seen in the image above. Would anyone know why it does this?

I think it's just a coincidence that both are down for the photo.

1 hour ago, bob32189 said:

Sadly the bike racks appear to only be for two bikes

Image may contain: outdoor

I hope the image above attached correctly

It's a maintenance door that's opened, but it needs the bike rack to be down to access it.

• 3 weeks later...

Given that the incoming double-deckers are set to enter service very soon, I thought it would be time for me to work on my first Google MyMap, which shows my vision for suburban transit in the new few years.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DeMETl1SorQ_i3txt6euk0GNEoculR1v&usp=sharing

The biggest problems I faced when designing this map were:

1. Will the 351 continue on to Crescent Beach? If not, which route will?

2. How can I design a more efficient routing for Ladner and South Delta routes?

These two problems have been solved to some extent, as you'll see in the map. I have also raised the possibility of four new suburban routes:

- A Sea-to-Sky corridor route

- A new route to White Rock from 22nd Street Station (via Hwy 91A/91)

- A new route to YXX and Bourquin Exchange in Abbotsford from Carvolth, via Aldergrove, and

- A new route from Haney Place that provides all-day service to Mission and Abbotsford

Any feedback you'd have would be greatly appreciated! It will be interesting to see how the future of suburban transport in Metro Vancouver turns out.

2 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Given that the incoming double-deckers are set to enter service very soon, I thought it would be time for me to work on my first Google MyMap, which shows my vision for suburban transit in the new few years.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DeMETl1SorQ_i3txt6euk0GNEoculR1v&usp=sharing

These two problems have been solved to some extent, as you'll see in the map. I have also raised the possibility of four new suburban routes:

- A new route to White Rock from 22nd Street Station (via Hwy 91A/91)

Any feedback you'd have would be greatly appreciated! It will be interesting to see how the future of suburban transport in Metro Vancouver turns out.

This is the former 353, however this route have very low ridership due to the inconsistent traffic condition on Hwy 91A (340 have that problem too) in the peak hour, unless all day HOV along Hwy 91/91A~~

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cathay 888 said:

This is the former 353, however this route have very low ridership due to the inconsistent traffic condition on Hwy 91A (340 have that problem too) in the peak hour, unless all day HOV along Hwy 91/91A~~

With the additional lane being added on the Alex Fraser Bridge maybe such route could be reintroduced. With the extra lane added it could improve peak hour traffic. 

4 hours ago, Cathay 888 said:

You could do that, but the 91 and 91A are owned by the BC Gov't, so TransLink would have to ask permission to put HOV lanes in these roads, and then you have New West, who vehemently oppose any bridge expansion in their property (like widening the Queensborough Bridge), and the provincial gov't seem to pander to the NIMBYs living at Connaught Heights than the 91A traffic, unfortunately.

16 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

White text on yellow decal. What could possibly go wrong? Sigh...

I didn't even notice that until I went back and looked at the pics again. The yellow should've been as thin as the yellow on the 2018 Novas' livery, then you would be able to see the fleet number a lot more clearly on the front.

Note to editors: 

Exterior photo of the decker at the PNE will *not* be eligible for wiki photos, just because there is so much in the way.

They will be eligible if there will be nothing blocking the deckers.

Photos of the interior are welcome, however.

======

Updated seating count is 87, not 86, which is good.

• Like 1