Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

You may notice some slowness for the next few hours while messages are reindexed.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

Express691

2019 Double-Decker bus Procurement

3 hours ago, SkyTrain said:

From Western Canadian Transportation Lounge

60010356_10161721723665456_865808803499606016_n.jpg

Eww it looks terrible. Even Rapidbus looks better than that

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Eww it looks terrible. Even Rapidbus looks better than that

At least the ExpressBus branding is consistent...

The BatteryBus and the RapidBus, on the other hand... In my opinion, not so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Millennium2002 said:

The BatteryBus and the RapidBus, on the other hand... In my opinion, not so much.

Don't you mean BatteryExpressBus? :lol:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Is it actually called BatteryBus?

4 hours ago, Cathay 888 said:

My opinion is - it looks nicer than the Rapid Bus livery~~

Not as much of a "visual attack" even though the blue will be brighter in real life

2 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Is it actually called BatteryBus?

Nah... That was a speculative joke that got carried over from the Battery Bus Trial thread... At the time, no one understood why the roof of it was painted blue like the recently delivered ExpressBuses. People were joking that someone in TransLink made a mistake and that they would have to re-brand it along the lines of ExpressBus and RapidBus to hide the mishap.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Nah... That was a speculative joke that got carried over from the Battery Bus Trial thread... At the time, no one understood why the roof of it was painted blue like the recently delivered ExpressBuses. People were joking that someone in TransLink made a mistake and that they would have to re-brand it along the lines of ExpressBus and RapidBus to hide the mishap.

That's what I thought it was

It looks like Coast Mountain will writing the cheque for the 32 double deckers to a different manufacturer.  Alexander Dennis has been bought by New Flyer for $405 million.   From that I would expect more intense marketing of Flyer double deckers to North American cities.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-28/nfi-soars-after-agreeing-to-buy-u-k-double-decker-bus-maker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I doubt the acquisition has anything to do with our 32 deckers though. The procurement has already been done. 

The brand is still separate as far as I know: MCI is a New Flyer company but their lineup of coaches is/are still separate

1 hour ago, YVR said:

It looks like Coast Mountain will writing the cheque for the 32 double deckers to a different manufacturer.  Alexander Dennis has been bought by New Flyer for $405 million.   From that I would expect more intense marketing of Flyer double deckers to North American cities.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-28/nfi-soars-after-agreeing-to-buy-u-k-double-decker-bus-maker

It's just 32 more millions to new flyer.

42 minutes ago, Express691 said:

I doubt the acquisition has anything to do with our 32 deckers though. The procurement has already been done. 

The brand is still separate as far as I know: MCI is a New Flyer company but their lineup of coaches is/are still separate

The only difference I see is New Flyer collecting 32 million more from CMBC.

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Of course the brand is still separate, it only happened today!  But in the corporate world, the taking over company frequently likes to put their name on the product, time will tell if our deckers arrive with a NFI badge instead of Alexander Dennis.

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Same with Arboc

1 hour ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Same with Arboc

And Orion IIRC, but not for production, just service and parts.

26 minutes ago, popillil said:

And Orion IIRC, but not for production, just service and parts.

Yeah, Orion and NABI don't really count