Jump to content
TransitfanJW

TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

Recommended Posts

On 5/18/2019 at 1:48 PM, KMB_BUS said:

1:37 - Incident - Excessive Idling Violation

1:34 - Incident - Excessive Idling Violation

1:28 - Incident - Excessive Idling Violation

Driver kept on getting this message with a double alarm tone from the VISION unit, while stuck in rush hour traffic this past Thursday on the 53 Steeles East.

I've seen Hard Brake and Hard Vertical detected. Is there anymore?

 

if the bus doesn't move in one minute, it will be documented.  there are kinks in the vertical and hard braking dection, that message has been removed until further notice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 1:48 PM, KMB_BUS said:

1:37 - Incident - Excessive Idling Violation

1:34 - Incident - Excessive Idling Violation

1:28 - Incident - Excessive Idling Violation

Driver kept on getting this message with a double alarm tone from the VISION unit, while stuck in rush hour traffic this past Thursday on the 53 Steeles East.

I've seen Hard Brake and Hard Vertical detected. Is there anymore?

 

hard right/left turn is one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

  there are kinks in the vertical and hard braking dection, that message has been removed until further notice.  

No it hasn't been removed. I got a hard brake detected message yesterday. 

9 hours ago, ghost said:

hard right/left turn is one

There's also a medium right/left turn detected. If you're good you can get medium and hard turn messages in one shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

Are the 79xxs without vision at Queensway ever going to see regular service again or will they just be restricted to shuttles? 

They do still go out in service 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

Are the 79xxs without vision at Queensway ever going to see regular service again or will they just be restricted to shuttles? 

Exactly as ultimate said, they do go in service. For example 7921 is on the 15 rn. But, most of the time they just sit around. Some of those are at North Queen at the moment, maybe so more of those NG's without VISION can be retired.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, 7749 said:

Exactly as ultimate said, they do go in service. For example 7921 is on the 15 rn. But, most of the time they just sit around. Some of those are at North Queen at the moment, maybe so more of those NG's without VISION can be retired.

Like a few non-VISION 17xxs and 18xxs, right. Also I find it pretty peculiar that Arrow would take 1818 and 1829 that doesn’t have VISION yet and put it into service, or are they at Obico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Like a few non-VISION 17xxs and 18xxs, right. Also I find it pretty peculiar that Arrow would take 1818 and 1829 that doesn’t have VISION yet and put it into service, or are they at Obico.

They are back at Obico. 1818 and 1829 were on hoists for a few days and one of them, I think 1818 had the stop paper. I am guessing arrow road was down a few units or maybe they went there for repairs. They were actually sitting at arrow road for a little bit before they went into service. 1791 and 1795 also made it over during June, but never went into service and went back to Obico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malvern is shorthanded a couple of hoists long term as they get upgraded to the scissor type.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Like a few non-VISION 17xxs and 18xxs, right. Also I find it pretty peculiar that Arrow would take 1818 and 1829 that doesn’t have VISION yet and put it into service, or are they at Obico.

They were never actually arrow buses. They still belong to obico, but must have been put at Arrow for final exams possibly.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7749 said:

They were never actually arrow buses. They still belong to obico, but must have been put at Arrow for final exams possibly.

They still belong to Malvern but as Bus Medic mentioned, they are having hoists replaced. For the time being the training buses are being sent to Arrow and Mt Dennis for MTO inspections and repairs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that these training buses are still subject to the standard pre service circle checks (those have to be taught how to be done as well) and any defects that arise still need to be attended to, even if they’re relegated to trainer duty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came across a video of a Miami-Dade Transit bus ride showing the automated stop announcement system in action and discovered it behaved very similarly to TTC's VISION system - even the robo-voice was identical. I immediately recalled a photo on CPTDB showing a bus in Miami with LCD screens installed, and it didn't take long before I found a primitive representation on what we could be seeing on our screens in a matter of months...

Image may contain: screen
P.S.

Not surprisingly, Clever Devices was behind MDT - deploying their system close to six years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

I came across a video of a Miami-Dade Transit bus ride showing the automated stop announcement system in action and discovered it behaved very similarly to TTC's VISION system - even the robo-voice was identical. I immediately recalled a photo on CPTDB showing a bus in Miami with LCD screens installed, and it didn't take long before I found a primitive representation on what we could be seeing on our screens in a matter of months...

Image may contain: screen
P.S.

Not surprisingly, Clever Devices was behind MDT - deploying their system close to six years ago.

Could be a few months, could be never. The subway screens are still showing pretty useless info after 10 years. I don't think the current CEO or board will change anything soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

New vision update made next stop announcement say Avenue really weird. 

Lol yeah I noticed that today. It says it like “Ah-vee-new”

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

Lol yeah I noticed that today. It says it like “Ah-vee-new”

Oh good, I thought i noticed this too, I thought it was just the bus I was on.  The 2 buses from MT Dennis I was on had the proper pronunciation but the Birchmount buses I was on was mispronouncing AVENUE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BusDude said:

Oh good, I thought i noticed this too, I thought it was just the bus I was on.  The 2 buses from MT Dennis I was on had the proper pronunciation but the Birchmount buses I was on was mispronouncing AVENUE. 

It's very annoying hearing it said like that all day 🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

It's very annoying hearing it said like that all day 🤦‍♂️

They’re reverting it back to how it was for the August board period. They said on Twitter that it was changed because there were complaints that it sounded too American and they wanted it to sound more Canadian 😂.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andythagiant said:

They’re reverting it back to how it was for the August board period. They said on Twitter that it was changed because there were complaints that it sounded too American and they wanted it to sound more Canadian 😂.

What a bunch of morons over there.

I have one of these buses now. 🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone happen to know when the rest of the 79xx are expected to receive VISION?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...