TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

...What was that story Wayside Observer was talking about with all the G car parts mysteriously appearing during a late 1980s TTS memorabilia swap meet?

Of the five or so security bulletins regarding specific persons trespassing in secure areas -that I’ve read posted in divisions, two were former employees, one was directly related to Whitby shores institute, and two were what would be accurately described as “foamers” gone rogue. They exist.

9 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Entire vehicles have been stolen during layovers. A walkie is just an appetizer.

In the early 90s I was on a fishbowl bus in Scarborough when a driver stopped to go to a convenience store. He was there for more than 5 minutes and this old guy got annoyed, got in the driver seat, closed up doors, drove the bus two more stops, opened the doors and left. 

The driver ran after the bus and eventually got back to it. 

No police were called and I don’t think he would have reported it. 

I suppose the old guy was an ex operator. 

A couple years ago, during my TTC days, some foamer wandered into Birchmount Garage. I saw him walking alone with a camera and a tripod. I ripped him a new one and he left pretty quickly. I re-traced his steps and found shit missing from an Orion VII DDS50EGR. It wasn't major stuff but it was still needed. Ads, fare metro sign, a seat insert and some other small crap. I don't remember the number but if I go through my notes from back then, I might be able to find that out. That's why I HATE foamers. 

7 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Who are you seeing praise foamers???

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

In the early 90s I was on a fishbowl bus in Scarborough when a driver stopped to go to a convenience store. He was there for more than 5 minutes and this old guy got annoyed, got in the driver seat, closed up doors, drove the bus two more stops, opened the doors and left. 

The driver ran after the bus and eventually got back to it. 

No police were called and I don’t think he would have reported it. 

I suppose the old guy was an ex operator. 

9 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

And various things on Edmonton's leased BBCs. Most notably 199

10 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

...What was that story Wayside Observer was talking about with all the G car parts mysteriously appearing during a late 1980s TTS memorabilia swap meet?

Of the five or so security bulletins regarding specific persons trespassing in secure areas -that I’ve read posted in divisions, two were former employees, one was directly related to Whitby shores institute, and two were what would be accurately described as “foamers” gone rogue. They exist.

10 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I got to say a foamer would less likely steal one than a real thief that would sell it for cash. Yes they would look for it. You are correct to not post it but it's not accurate to claim the foamers will steal it. Foamers don't just vandalize buses, they vandalize anything they could.

And more...

I dont actually mean "prasing" foamers, its just another way to tell you this thread is going to be locked. Every post above me is off topic. So smarten up guys.

This might not be the right thread to ask this in, but are the 15xx-18xx at Obico eventually going to get VISION or are they all going to be used as training buses only? One of them there (1609) has that stop sign paper on its windshield, which is odd why they'd send it to a place for training.

1 hour ago, Basket said:

And more...

I dont actually mean "prasing" foamers, its just another way to tell you this thread is going to be locked. Every post above me is off topic. So smarten up guys.

I don’t like your tone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 7749 said:

This might not be the right thread to ask this in, but are the 15xx-18xx at Obico eventually going to get VISION or are they all going to be used as training buses only? One of them there (1609) has that stop sign paper on its windshield, which is odd why they'd send it to a place for training.

The original plan was for six units assigned to training at any given time, but that might translate into a few more for maintenance rotation.

a rough figure given out anecdotally by upper brass during a vision wrap up luncheon was that the training has such a glut of new trainees to get through, that up to 100 buses are out on the road between rush hours (up to now...sounds like an overestimate to me but whatever)

I can say  that the demand is large enough to throw a monkey wrench into the preventative maintenance regimen 

• Thanks 1

Well, I'm on 7926 on the 37, I thought all the TRUMP based units at Queensway were parked or lent to Birchmount, looks like that was an incorrect assumption based on not seeing them for a while. Thing is, unless the operator moved it, I didn't see any handheld radio. Guessing Queensway is short on buses?

4 minutes ago, meltingtomato said:

Well, I'm on 7926 on the 37, I thought all the TRUMP based units at Queensway were parked or lent to Birchmount, looks like that was an incorrect assumption based on not seeing them for a while. Thing is, unless the operator moved it, I didn't see any handheld radio. Guessing Queensway is short on buses?

Around half were sent to Birchmount. 7906-7935 still belong to Queensway.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, meltingtomato said:

They are still in service