TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

16 hours ago, MK78 said:

Does anyone have a rough idea when VISION installs might start in the east end garages, like Malvern, Birchmount or Eglinton?

Were looking at probably November for eglinton, birchmount to follow. Malvern may not be an install location at all.

6 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Were looking at probably November for eglinton, birchmount to follow. Malvern may not be an install location at all.

Not all the operaters at eglinton have been trained yet.  All of ua should be trained by the end of november.  10 drivers get trained per day (on weekdays only and excludong stat holidays)

9 hours ago, smallspy said:

That's curious. Would those buses be done at a different garage, or at a third-party facility borrowed for the purpose?

Dan

The artics would be rotated through another division that we are already stationed at. Same for the low number hybrids  that are yet to be crossed off the list.

For the record, I do hope we get assigned there, as it’s 8 km home from there and the rest of my tool kit is in mothballed in the corner. In either case, it will be last to be completed.

2 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

The artics would be rotated through another division that we are already stationed at. Same for the low number hybrids  that are yet to be crossed off the list.

For the record, I do hope we get assigned there, as it’s 8 km home from there and the rest of my tool kit is in mothballed in the corner. In either case, it will be last to be completed.

Interesting. I guess this means that we may see more reassignments to the fleet as part of the process?

Thanks for the update.

Dan

45 minutes ago, blue.bird.fan said:

Are the Community Buses being equipped with Vision, or will they use the Wheel-Trans INIT system?

That’s what I’m trying to figure out because I saw a screen the might be VISION on W127 but I don’t know if it is or not

2 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

When will Queensway get it?

Queensway and eglinton are next. Whichever crew finishes first will go to queensway. Mount Dennis has roughly 100-110 complete, ( they had at least a month’s head start) my crew at Wilson has almost caught up with @85 complete. 

Move should happen just before the snow flies.

Hopefully the mount Dennis guys move west, as about 70% of my crew commute in from Scarborough or Durham region.