TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

15 minutes ago, Nicky Thomson said:

The TRUMP system got shut down around May. People kept saying it was April but I have seen videos that were recorded past April and those buses had TRUMP system installed. Maybe what they meant was that they would not be editing or dealing with TRUMP after April because at Royal York station, the bus bay was closed until May 23, 2019, and in the meantime, I would get a bus with TRUMP system at least once a week but as soon as the bus bay was opened at Royal York, the non-vision buses stopped running on regular routes. TTC vs. VISION system can be weird sometimes.

i

This is the internet so we can talk about whatever we want.

I am getting sick and tired of the useless stuff you are posting.

Also on here we talk about only what the thread is about if you want to a talk go on facebook or something

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nicky Thomson said:

The TRUMP system got shut down around May. People kept saying it was April but I have seen videos that were recorded past April and those buses had TRUMP system installed. Maybe what they meant was that they would not be editing or dealing with TRUMP after April because at Royal York station, the bus bay was closed until May 23, 2019, and in the meantime, I would get a bus with TRUMP system at least once a week but as soon as the bus bay was opened at Royal York, the non-vision buses stopped running on regular routes. TTC vs. VISION system can be weird sometimes.

i

This is the internet so we can talk about whatever we want.

Ok, I’m finished being courteous and giving a newbie the benefit of the doubt. This line of behaviour will end badly for you.

Enjoy the remainder of the brief time you’re afforded to post here.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Christ you guys are creepily fast. I only pressed in the circuit breakers at lunchtime.

There's alot of transit fans on this board with nothing much to do in life (myself included at one point) but to spy on these things. LOL

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

How?

I think someone once said, that when Vision is first turned on, it signs on as a specific route, I think it might have been 34 Eglinton at the time. So I think those watching this like a hawk, and keeping track of the vehicle numbers, can spot it.

15 minutes ago, MK78 said:

I think someone once said, that when Vision is first turned on, it signs on as a specific route, I think it might have been 34 Eglinton at the time. So I think those watching this like a hawk, and keeping track of the vehicle numbers, can spot it.

How can someone be sure, without physically seeing the vehicle, that it's not some bored yard worker messing around with the computer on some random bus?

This is another way I track TTC vehicles: There is a discord server called NJC II. When you enter a TTC vehicle number "n!vehicle xxxx" (bus or streetcar), the BOT will give you information about that vehicle, plus it will tell you if the vehicle has VISION or not. If it has VISION it will say "Yes!" but if it doesn't then it will say "No". How this tracker has that kind of functionality, honestly I don't know.

• Thanks 1