TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

This is what I've noticed on the 31xx vision buses. When a bus starts a route, the first and sometimes the second stop on the route isn't announced for some reason. And sometimes when someone rings the stop request bell, the LCDs sometimes delay in displaying "STOP REQUESTED" .

Yeah and I noticed on this particular bus, it would even announce the following stop just as the bus was about to stop on the current stop. A little weird, maybe GPS inaccuracies? The old system was pretty accurate when it came to stop announcements/display being presented at the proper time.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2019 at 1:56 PM, Shemar said:

I was on #3437 the other day on route 995 York Mills Express during rush hour and discovered another announcement:

For your safety while standing on the bus, please hold on to the handrails

There's an announcement for not eating on the bus too?? "Please do not eat on the bus; drinks with a cover or a lid are allowed."

My fav is "For faster boarding, please have your fare ready before the bus arrives at your stop" 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BusFreak93 said:

There's an announcement for not eating on the bus too?? "Please do not eat on the bus; drinks with a cover or a lid are allowed."

My fav is "For faster boarding, please have your fare ready before the bus arrives at your stop" 

there is another like "thank you for riding the ttc"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BusFreak93 said:

3 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

there is another like "thank you for riding the ttc"

Here are some other ones:

Please exit the bus using the rear doors

Please move back so that passengers can board the bus

For your safety, please stand behind the white line while the bus is in motion

12 hours ago, Shemar said:

Here are some other ones:

Please exit the bus using the rear doors

Please move back so that passengers can board the bus

For your safety, please stand behind the white line while the bus is in motion

there are like at least 10 different messages.  One notable one I remember was "The schedule will be updated this coming Sunday.  Please check ttc website for more detail or something like".  I am learning how that "Vision" system works.  There are still kinks to work out.  For example, the system said I was off route when I was leaving Angus Glen Community centre haha

3 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

there are like at least 10 different messages.  One notable one I remember was "The schedule will be updated this coming Sunday.  Please check ttc website for more detail or something like".  I am learning how that "Vision" system works.  There are still kinks to work out.  For example, the system said I was off route when I was leaving Angus Glen Community centre haha

"Service changes are coming this sunday, check out TTC.CA or grab a ride guide for more details" its somewhere along the lines of this

4 hours ago, DAT_28 said:

21C0C22E-067E-40E1-BD9D-0FEE12CE4A93.thumb.png.5b69ac2ea99f063b7913500758b1f6cd.png

I was riding 8714 on 116 and the wifi was working but slow even though there was like 10 problems 

Cool, I couldn't get an IP address when i tried the TTC-Pilot, but i was standing beside a hybrid that was pulling away...