TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

12 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Is Vision also responsible for next stop announcements? I assume so, as Vision buses have a different voice. If so, it's strange that Vision equipped buses will regularly announce the wrong next stop on branching routes. I hear this every time eastbound on a bus from Long Branch loop, where the next stop is announced as "Thirty Ninth Street" when it should actually be "Brown's Line" on a 110A or any 123.

Yes VISION does control stop announcements, and there's alot of announcements need fixing. They also messed up the latest update by making all the announcements fast again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lex Reid said:

Yes VISION does control stop announcements, and there's alot of announcements need fixing. They also messed up the latest update by making all the announcements fast again.

Thanks. Given that VISION knows to set the route/branch and destination signs, I would have figured it would also know which way that particular bus was turning at a branch point and announce it properly. Apparently that's being too optimistic.

So I was just on #3518 on the 939B and here are some interesting announcements that the VISION system has:

This is a safety announcement, please exit the bus using the rear doors

Please move back so that passengers can board the bus

Please do not eat on the bus. Drinks with lids and covers are allowed

To speed up boarding, please have your fare ready before the bus arrives at your stop

For your safety, please stand behind the white line while the bus is in motion

Thank you for riding the TTC

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

So I was just on #3518 on the 939B and here are some interesting announcements that the VISION system has:

To speed up boarding, please have your fare ready before the bus arrives at your stop

Did they change that last one you stated? Before it said "Thank you for riding TTC" without the word the 

#8621, #8626, #8629, #8633 have vision

1 hour ago, Ultimate said:

Did they change that last one you stated? Before it said "Thank you for riding TTC" without the word the 

No that's what the announcement said, the wording was still "Thank you for riding TTC"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

Oh I got a driver using those announcements once, she was on 21B on a Nova HEV as well. Op id #76501

22 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Is Vision also responsible for next stop announcements? I assume so, as Vision buses have a different voice. If so, it's strange that Vision equipped buses will regularly announce the wrong next stop on branching routes. I hear this every time eastbound on a bus from Long Branch loop, where the next stop is announced as "Thirty Ninth Street" when it should actually be "Brown's Line" on a 110A or any 123.

Sometimes vision has different stop announcements than the old system. I wouldn't be surprised if TTC just programmed them incorrectly either.

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I heard there are 3 teams at Eglinton installing visions.  it may be true given three containers have been offload at Maintenance staff parking spots.  

I guess they will be going full steam with the conversions to try to get as many buses done before the deadline at the end of the month.