TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

1 minute ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Nitpick with your list @TransitfanJW: How come there's no slash in between 1329 and 1331 or 1404 and 1406? 1330 and 1405 were both retired. Simply leaving a comma in between the two would lead one to believe that those two were simply not equipped.

whoops, fixed. 1404 was just added to the list and I wasn't aware 1330 was retired. (been out of the loop)

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

That means there’s a month of hope left for the remaining vehicles with trump units left in them

That's a pretty significant number of the 1700s-1800s that have to be retrofitted otherwise. The Wiki currently states only 1752 has the equipment installed at this time. If the non-rebuilt 1500s-1600s are already getting it, what's the point holding off on the 1700s-1800s if they will suffer the same fate sooner or later?

1 minute ago, Orion VI said:

In a bus that uses VISION, does the operator input the code for the destination sign in to the Luminator control unit or the VISION screen? (to change the destination sign)

When a VISION bus gets to the last stop of its destination, the destination sign automatically changes itself based on the routing for that run. If the run is finished, then the destination sign automatically changes to NIS.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shemar said:

When a VISION bus gets to the last stop of its destination, the destination sign automatically changes itself based on the routing for that run. If the run is finished, then the destination sign automatically changes to NIS.

Are you should about that, because the other day I was at Davisville waiting for a 14 and the display board said the next bus was 45 mins. The 14 runs every 20 mins and some passengers where complaining. I thought it was that the operator hadn't signed in to the 14 route, and when the bus pulled in, about 5 mins later,  sure enough, NIS. Some people complained to him and he explained that he bus was in fact in service. He changed the sign via the Luminator control. Same operator going both ways. (if anyone cares, it was OG HEV 1114)

1 hour ago, Orion VI said:

Are you should about that, because the other day I was at Davisville waiting for a 14 and the display board said the next bus was 45 mins. The 14 runs every 20 mins and some passengers where complaining. I thought it was that the operator hadn't signed in to the 14 route, and when the bus pulled in, about 5 mins later,  sure enough, NIS. Some people complained to him and he explained that he bus was in fact in service. He changed the sign via the Luminator control. Same operator going both ways. (if anyone cares, it was OG HEV 1114)

He could e been not logged in, but when vision buses get to their end point depending on their layover their sign may flip to not in service until it's 1-2 mins before the bus departs for its next block 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is Vision also responsible for next stop announcements? I assume so, as Vision buses have a different voice. If so, it's strange that Vision equipped buses will regularly announce the wrong next stop on branching routes. I hear this every time eastbound on a bus from Long Branch loop, where the next stop is announced as "Thirty Ninth Street" when it should actually be "Brown's Line" on a 110A or any 123.

Probably. When on an express route, in TRUMP equipped units, announcements sometime say "This is an express vehicle" at the beginning of the announcement, then following with the stop, and maybe some "Arriving at (stop)" announcements too when they are approaching the stop, but in VISION equipped units, announcements always say "This is an express vehicle" after the stop has been announced, and never make any "Arriving at (stop)" announcements.

6 minutes ago, nagaBus said:

Probably. When on an express route, in TRUMP equipped units, announcements sometime say "This is an express vehicle" at the beginning of the announcement, then following with the stop, and maybe some "Arriving at (stop)" announcements too when they are approaching the stop, but in VISION equipped units, announcements always say "This is an express vehicle" after the stop has been announced, and never make any "Arriving at (stop)" announcements.

There is basically an arriving annoucement as if there is a gap between stops greater than 500 meters it will annouce the stop again like an arriving annoucement (On vision)