TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Everything that’s going to live past April 2019.

Unless I'm mistaken, that would without doubt include the entire fleet of Flexity streetcars. Wonder how they'd be able to fit the VISION terminal unit where the TRUMPs are now without wasting space behind. Surely at one point BBD will start delivering cars with VISION installed instead of having the TTC retrofit TRUMPs in the interim.

7 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that would without doubt include the entire fleet of Flexity streetcars. Wonder how they'd be able to fit the VISION terminal unit where the TRUMPs are now without wasting space behind. Surely at one point BBD will start delivering cars with VISION installed instead of having the TTC retrofit TRUMPs in the interim.

Not my department.

3 hours ago, Transit geek said:

I'm pretty sure both Novas and Flexity's don't come with them installed.They don't produce the unit anymore instead they are ripped off of the slowboxes and installed temporary.

You guys are overthinking things. Just relax, it's not the end of the world if the Vision unit isn't installed in the same place.

3 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I'm pretty sure both Novas and Flexity's don't come with them installed.They don't produce the unit anymore instead they are ripped off of the slowboxes and installed temporary.

You guys are overthinking things. Just relax, it's not the end of the world if the Vision unit isn't installed in the same place.

correct.  Nova doesn't come with a trump unit when they are delivered.  The CIS shop technicians come and install them 

11 hours ago, Transit geek said:

How would they run the streetcar service without VISION? CIS will not exist after April 2019, as there will be no means of it communicating.

The only thing that's mounted on the dash of the car is the head unit - the rest of the unit is mounted in the electrical cabinet. The VISION install will no doubt be the same.

While you are likely right about Bombardier installing VISION, that would require a change-order to the contract, and we haven't seen one yet.

4 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

correct.  Nova doesn't come with a trump unit when they are delivered.  The CIS shop technicians come and install them 

Not CIS, but they are coming with VISION pre-installed. That's why none of the new ones have been in service until now.

Dan

6 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

The wire harnesses were pre installed however, as they are now for the vision system on the 3100s now piling up at arrow.

that’s part of the overall vision reliability issue.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, jmward said:

im pretty sure 1250 has it. I just rode it; it had different announcements inside and out and a bus info screen next to the driver.

Don't confuse this with the new synthesized announcements used for newly added stops using the old system. I rode the 185 a week ago from Don Mills to Pape and only one stop was announced with the pre-recorded human voice. I find this is weird, since all of the stops were already used by the 25, but since the existing announcements did not mention "this is an express vehicle", they decided to remake them entirely rather than simply taking a snippet of this otherwise stock phrase.

Also, I believe the exterior announcements have always been synthesized (generated by the Luminator sign controller, hence the replacement of the old ones without the LCDs).

The Wiki page has not noted this as a VISION test bus, but if anyone can confirm with photo or video evidence I will update it appropriately.

4 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Don't confuse this with the new synthesized announcements used for newly added stops using the old system. I rode the 185 a week ago from Don Mills to Pape and only one stop was announced with the pre-recorded human voice. I find this is weird, since all of the stops were already used by the 25, but since the existing announcements did not mention "this is an express vehicle", they decided to remake them entirely rather than simply taking a snippet of this otherwise stock phrase.

Also, I believe the exterior announcements have always been synthesized (generated by the Luminator sign controller, hence the replacement of the old ones without the LCDs).

The Wiki page has not noted this as a VISION test bus, but if anyone can confirm with photo or video evidence I will update it appropriately.

Darn, I coulda taken a picture, but I dont like taking photos of the operator and related gear up close and all that.

The trump unit was missing and there was a flat screen monitor with a schematic of a bus on it. The bus would announce "stop requested" over the internal LED display, (and sometimes the time) along with the next stop name, same as the 31xx. Hopefully that's clear enough.

Yeah, I didn't see it marked as a vision bus, so that's why I posted. Would this be an early install and no longer a test vehicle?

42 minutes ago, jmward said:

Darn, I coulda taken a picture, but I dont like taking photos of the operator and related gear up close and all that.

The trump unit was missing and there was a flat screen monitor with a schematic of a bus on it. The bus would announce "stop requested" over the internal LED display, (and sometimes the time) along with the next stop name, same as the 31xx. Hopefully that's clear enough.

Yeah, I didn't see it marked as a vision bus, so that's why I posted. Would this be an early install and no longer a test vehicle?

Based on your experience and anecdote, it is indeed a VISION unit.