TTC's CAD/AVL "Vision" System

10 hours ago, BYD said:

All CAD/AVL test buses excluding eleven units sitting at Mount Dennis (#1206, #1207, #1212, #1213, #1216, #1218, #1220, #1230, #1235, #1247, #8406) have returned to their respective garages.

They are sent back when their MTO's are due for renewal. 8026 returned to Mt Dennis on Friday. FYI, the trackers on the buses are very glitchy and have stopped working again. Don't trust transee to track these buses reliably. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump

I saw some video footage of the VISION system that is being in use now. It still uses the same Alpha display board, though the announcements are played extremely fast.

Two questions I have:

If the current Alpha display is compatible, why are the 3100s getting different displays?

Why does it show OP ID#________? Is it the operator's badge number?

received_729347337456290.jpeg?width=573&

I think personally it acts more like a MiWay spec'd announcement system (Time, Shows "Stop Requested"), rather than Oakville's, since both TTC and Oakville use Cleverdevices

10 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

If the current Alpha display is compatible, why are the 3100s getting different displays?

Perhaps because that's what Nova offered as part of the spec?

10 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Why does it show OP ID#________? Is it the operator's badge number?

received_729347337456290.jpeg?width=573&

New rule that will come into effect as part of the changeover to VISION. Seems to be the "new normal". They have started doing this at other properties as well.

Dan

I remembering that I rode on vision bus 1207 yesterday on the 171 and the field at mt dennis was all rebuilt ngs new liveries and old liveries I think they might be getting the vision installed I remember riding on 1200  on the 71 and I think vision got installed on it now. im assuming those hybrids are getting vision installed.

46 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

I remembering that I rode on vision bus 1207 yesterday on the 171 and the field at mt dennis was all rebuilt ngs new liveries and old liveries I think they might be getting the vision installed I remember riding on 1200  on the 71 and I think vision got installed on it now. im assuming those hybrids are getting vision installed.

Not yet. Otherwise I’d be over there with weekends off.

I have it from credible sources that if the Orion testers can make next week problem free, they’ll be officially starting installs the week after. I’m waiting to have my orders in writing before giving it any more weight. Until then, only rumour.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

All the buses in the field except retired 1628 have Vision installed. The install crew was recently expanded and several more buses (more 12xx, 13xx and some 14xx) were completed this week. So far I have seen them in limited service/testing on 71, 161 and 171.