Enviro_1203

D60LF (6351-6403) Refurbishment

6 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Bus 6381 is all but done. New seats, wheel well skirts, and bumpers have been installed, all signal lights are in place, as are its destination signs and advertisement holders. The interior lighting appears to be the same (will try to confirm again later).

SHINY.

Is it plated yet?  No plates yesterday

New seats? I wonder if they're like the ones in the D60lfrs? I hope so way more comfortable then the present ones like in the Orion VII's & Invero's? Does it have the new paint scheme?

They put in new seats, why not change the lighting to LED?

6 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

New seats? I wonder if they're like the ones in the D60lfrs? I hope so way more comfortable then the present ones like in the Orion VII's & Invero's? Does it have the new paint scheme?

They put in new seats, why not change the lighting to LED?

The new seats are exactly the same as the old ones.

No new D60LFR seats here. Exactly the same as the Inveroes and the hybrids.

Speaking of which, which bus models include LED lighting?

23 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

The new seats are exactly the same as the old ones.

No new D60LFR seats here. Exactly the same as the Inveroes and the hybrids.

Speaking of which, which bus models include LED lighting?

D60LFR and newer buses feature LED interior lighting.

So they put in new seats, but put in the same style, when they could of put the same as the D60lfrs? Now is it exactly new seats or is it just new cloth covers because there is a difference.

If they  just put new cloth coverings then yes I can see it being the same as before?

But?

If they actually put in new seats frames and all, why then not put in the same style as the D60lfrs then?

Now whether  there is spacing and how the seat are aranged and spacing between each row is an issue that I don't know?

37 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

So they put in new seats, but put in the same style, when they could of put the same as the D60lfrs? Now is it exactly new seats or is it just new cloth covers because there is a difference.

If they  just put new cloth coverings then yes I can see it being the same as before?

The seats were refurbished, with new covers.

13 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

Are the D60LF's being retrofitted with passenger alarm buttons in the back half of the bus?

As the company would incur an extra cost by adding a component not part of the unit originally, the buttons were not added.

2 minutes ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Snapped a quick photo of 6381's interior while it was in a cleaning bay on my way out today. It's close to completion, I'd say! Still no licence plate, though.

36895764_10157286989651037_155731451113897984_n.thumb.jpg.f287904bd42d703fcf82c75f1c4e3618.jpg

I know the lights are still tube lights, but are they "cooler" colour-wise? They look like it in your photo.

23 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

I know the lights are still tube lights, but are they "cooler" colour-wise? They look like it in your photo.

Not at all. Quite the same! A co-worker of mine noted they are as they were when these buses were first delivered.

• Thanks 1

Spotted it strutting its shiny paint job down Equestrian drive out of service about 15 or so minutes ago, probably on a 256 as there were passengers on board.

On 7/12/2018 at 4:41 PM, Enviro_1203 said:

6381 returned to service this afternoon

Man... The lucky person who was able to drive it first.

3 hours ago, OCtranspo10 said:

Man... The lucky person who was able to drive it first.

Was not me. Went to Indy for 2 days and ended up on a tripper that should’ve been a double decker.

6366 has returned to Industrial from vendor..will try to find it to see how she looks and give a possible timeline on return to duty

On 8/30/2018 at 3:39 PM, Enviro_1203 said:

6366 has returned to Industrial from vendor..will try to find it to see how she looks and give a possible timeline on return to duty

Is 6366 returning to service soon?

1 hour ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

6381 spotted dead westbound near LeBreton Station earlier this evening. Wop wop.

Um....not possible because I have been driving it since 15:30....

2 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Surprise!

My mistake. Don't remember what number it was, then.

Could it have been 6361? a "6" looks sort of like an "8" from a distance.

33 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Saw photos on Facebook group that 6366 is almost ready to be put back in service!

Not quite. Many things still required to be reinstalled. 6365 is at about the same place as 6366 where it just has to be painted, 6366 is painted but needs to have things put back in place.