Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Enviro_1203

D60LF (6351-6403) Refurbishment

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

It has recently come to my attention that the 2008-09 D60LF. 

6366 and 6381 are stripped down in the bodyshop currently

Are they replacing the incandescent lights with LEDs? The incandescent lights burn out a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ONQCBusFan said:

Are replacing the incandescent lights with LEDs? The incandescent lights burn out a lot!

Doubtful, they have the body panels stripped off for structural rebuild. IMO, its a waste of money rewiring an entire bus and installing new lighting just because LED is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enviro_1203 said:

IMO, its a waste of money rewiring an entire bus and installing new lighting just because LED is better.

On an older vehicle, just the reduction in power draw and thus on fuel use can pay for itself in a couple of years.

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

It has recently come to my attention that the 2008-09 D60LF. 

6366 and 6381 are stripped down in the bodyshop currently

Interesting. Knowing that they are still the very few remaining D60LF buses remaining. Knowing they are trying to the fleet together to ensure enough availability.

Unsure what the exact requirements are because the final network plan isn't in stone yet. Along with being very large-scale, will take time to get the formula right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×