Map test for Brampton Transit Operator

Rs_10

Funny as I was there I was wonder which person you were. LOL

1 hour ago, Rs_10 said:

I went for the Map test today. It’s actually very easy. They give you transit map and ask questions from there like what route numbers come to what transit terminal or cash fare or presto card charge. It’s basically open book test. You can’t fail it and it’s followed by 10 mins interview by two HR managers.

funny as I was there I was  wondering who you were. LOL

2 hours ago, Starchild33 said:

Funny as I was there I was wonder which person you were. LOL

funny as I was there I was  wondering who you were. LOL

Lol

Just now, Rs_10 said:

Lol

What time was your test ?

5 hours ago, NovaBus76 said:

I was supposed to be going to the map testing but I have an interview on Tuesday with miller transit/york region 

Should have gone for test anyways. It was easy one. But Good Luck for your interview and if you may update us what was asked in the interview. It will give us some idea what they ask in interview.

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, NovaBus76 said:

They usually ask stuff like how you handled conflicts with customers and coworkers, what happened the steps you took to resolve it and what the outcome was.. and what you would do in certain situations that they bring up.. like if you were behind schedule.. or if an emergency happend on your bus 

That’s great? thanks a lot.

good luck

On 29/11/2017 at 10:41 PM, HM_24 said:

Can any plz tell me abt d interview in the end?

The mini interview is just 2 basic questions about how you handled a conflict and what you would had done better; reflecting back on it. 2nd question is what actions do you take to show you're dependable. And of course they ask this in every interview..."Why do you want to be a transit operator"?.

Anyone that has a map test coming up. Dont stress, its quite easy. Can't fail with open book. 

11 hours ago, dizz said:

And of course they ask this in every interview..."Why do you want to be a transit operator"?.

Try to come up with something better than "because I'm a bus foamer"  :-)

And good luck to all of you!  The City just approved the 2018 budget and 5 Year Transit Business Plan, both of which call for a lot of expansion, so I might see you around sometime!

On 2017-12-05 at 3:57 PM, Starchild33 said:

Just did today. I have a interview on Jan.3.  You have to do a ride along and they will give the details for the ride along a week before your interview.

I have on 4th and they told me same thing. Now the most crucial part

On 12/9/2017 at 10:04 PM, Rs_10 said:

Thanks in advance 

hopefully we will be working together soon??

You had Map test on 27th. Was it in the afternoon?

because you said you were trying to figure out who I was.

Yeah my map test was at 1pm. I was the tallest person in the class if you noticed. LOL I was actually the first person they called up after they marked the tests 

4 hours ago, Starchild33 said:

Yeah my map test was at 1pm. I was the tallest person in the class if you noticed. LOL I was actually the first person they called up after they marked the tests 

Sorry didn’t pay attention. I was nervous ..lol.. i was called out 1st as well but in second group. I was sitting in second row on second seat next to the guy whose name was similar to two other candidates. I don’t know if you remember.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Starchild33 said:

Yeah I got mine yesterday morning as well. Did you follow up or did you get it?

Yea, I finally got this morning. Exactly one week before as they said? I was gonna call them around 10 but when I refreshed email was there.

I am going for ride along tomorrow. 

Have you done your ride along?