Neoplan AN460 Sale Search

Mekali Amayas Kaga

This is my first post on this website, so here goes (forgive me if this isn't the right place to post it).

I've been a fan of transit and buses for many years now; I think it goes back to when I was a kid and growing up riding the bus just about everywhere. Now I've grown to the point where I want to be a bus collector and gather a series of buses, both past and present. Now the one I'm looking for in particular has been rather hard to find.

I'm looking for a Neoplan AN460 still intact that hasn't been torn apart yet or scrapped in a junkyard. I've looked all over, eBay, Transit Sales, Bargain Bus News, and many other used bus sales websites, but to no success. Out of the many buses I've looked and seen over the years, this one has always stood out to me is it was a common bus I rode in Pittsburgh back in 2011-2013 before they were retired and now owning one for me would serve a nostalgic purpose. Does anyone out there know of any person, place, or transit agency that might still have one and is looking to sell it in the future or is up for sale right now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 8:54 PM, Mekali Amayas Kaga said:

This is my first post on this website, so here goes (forgive me if this isn't the right place to post it).

I've been a fan of transit and buses for many years now; I think it goes back to when I was a kid and growing up riding the bus just about everywhere. Now I've grown to the point where I want to be a bus collector and gather a series of buses, both past and present. Now the one I'm looking for in particular has been rather hard to find.

I'm looking for a Neoplan AN460 still intact that hasn't been torn apart yet or scrapped in a junkyard. I've looked all over, eBay, Transit Sales, Bargain Bus News, and many other used bus sales websites, but to no success. Out of the many buses I've looked and seen over the years, this one has always stood out to me is it was a common bus I rode in Pittsburgh back in 2011-2013 before they were retired and now owning one for me would serve a nostalgic purpose. Does anyone out there know of any person, place, or transit agency that might still have one and is looking to sell it in the future or is up for sale right now?

Hmm, you're in Pittsburgh?

Aren't Port Authority's 3100-series Neoplan artics still running? I was there in October (2017!) and, without hunting for them, came across quite a few Downtown.

Those are ~2005 units, probably some of the last Neoplans produced. They are just reaching retirement age, and I believe Port Authority has New Flyer XD60s on order -- presumably to replace the remaining Neos.

I'm not sure how Port Authority disposes of retired buses. But keep your eyes open, I suppose. I can't think of too many other Neos still on the road (San Francisco Muni? Anyone else?)

I always liked Neoplans, too. Subtly stylish exterior and spacious, well-designed interior (and please, no need to mention their inconsistent maintenance 'issues'!). Keep us posted of your progress -- always good to see great vehicles preserved!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 4:05 PM, Border City Transit said:

Hmm, you're in Pittsburgh?

Aren't Port Authority's 3100-series Neoplan artics still running? I was there in October (2017!) and, without hunting for them, came across quite a few Downtown.

Those are ~2005 units, probably some of the last Neoplans produced. They are just reaching retirement age, and I believe Port Authority has New Flyer XD60s on order -- presumably to replace the remaining Neos.

I'm not sure how Port Authority disposes of retired buses. But keep your eyes open, I suppose. I can't think of too many other Neos still on the road (San Francisco Muni? Anyone else?)

I always liked Neoplans, too. Subtly stylish exterior and spacious, well-designed interior (and please, no need to mention their inconsistent maintenance 'issues'!). Keep us posted of your progress -- always good to see great vehicles preserved!

Yeah, all of Port Authority's Neoplan AN460s are still running, but for how much longer, I'm not sure. They put in an order for 25 New Flyer XD60s to replace them, but so far I've only seen one of them running on the express routes around here. It's been a hard find trying to find an AN460 with the suburban configuration like Houston METROs AN460s online, but I'm not giving up the search just yet.

• 4 years later...

If you are still looking for a Neoplans AN460, I saw one on Facebook Marketplace. It's in Las Vegas. It is a 1999 model originally from Houston. It was unit 4448 back then. It was repowered with a Cummins ISL from the original DDC S50 by METRO back then. I hope that they just store the bus if no one buys it. I will buy it one day ?

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2075551375911137/