• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm watching CPTDB right now.

Right now? CPTDB.

School's having an all-nighter for grade 9 grad. We're all watching the game Raptors.m4a

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

It's not really today, but I have been watching some really long cab views of end-to-end Japanese train journeys on YouTube recently:

Back in September, I took a Hokuto limited express journey from Hakodate to Sapporo - which took about 3.5 hours on a KiHa 183-5200 "North Rainbow Express" which was temporarily substituting for the usual train, therefore permitting a front view for the whole journey. Throughout the ride, I really enjoyed seeing the dramatic scenery of Hokkaido...an oft-forgotten part of the country very much like the Great White North!

image.thumb.png.52e169ee98b6fbee67f3c9adc4b9ba5c.png

Contrast that to where I went last month, though. I took a Keisei N1000 series on a limited express service from Narita Airport to Misakiguchi via the Keisei Narita Airport Line (incl. Hokuso Line)/Oshiage Line/Toei Asakusa Line/Keikyu Main Line/Kurihama Line - a 2.5-hour,  ~140 km journey over four operator's tracks including one of Tokyo's subway lines. Amazing to see how subways and railways blend right into each other!

image.png

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I'm currently watching the OC Transpo Mighty Machines episode on my iPad.

I used to watch this all the time on Treehouse. 

Ahhh.. The memories. I still get goosebumps watching the H5 pulling into the station.

14 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Ahhh.. The memories. I still get goosebumps watching the H5 pulling into the station.

My favourite part was anything that had OC buses in it. I usually just skip the TTC and GO train parts because I don't have much of an interest in trains.

Anyways, I was watching a rerun of Hell's Kitchen.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Thought I might like to revive this thread by saying that over the past week I watched several more full train journeys, including Lines C and D of the Rotterdam Metro, Paris Metro Line 6,  and most significantly, a passenger view of the RZD Sapsan train between Moscow and Saint Petersburg - which normally lasts 4 hours but which I sped up 2x using HTML5.

Despite using the same Velaro rolling stock used on German ICE lines, the line runs almost entirely on pre-Soviet infrastructure. Not sure at what stage a dedicated high-speed line would open. Wikipedia said it would be 2018 but there has been no news so far as I could find.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/19/2017 at 8:09 PM, J. S. Bach said:

Right now? CPTDB.

Still watching almost a year later!!🐱

On 11/8/2018 at 10:10 PM, anyfong said:

This.

The best ski movie EVER.

The artwork almost looks like it was done by the same artist as the Police Academy laserdisc album cover.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Nala: Simba!!! I'm kinda in the middle of a bath!

Sarabi: And It's time for yours.

(Sarabi picks up Simba by the head and places him in her lap and starts licking him)

Simba: MOM!!! MOM, YOU'RE MESSING UP MY MANE!