Sign in to follow this  
ONQCBusFan

Short Circuit 2 TTC Bus

Here's a TTC bus seen in the movie "Short Circuit 2". Does anyone know what happened to it after this movie? When was it renumbered? When did it receive the Luminator sign? When was the 27 route discontinued? 

In the movie a robot named Johnny 5 uses his magic powers to break it down. His best friend Ben walks up to it and finds Sandy walking off the bus. He and Sandy sit down at the table. Ben gets nervous being with Sandy so Johnny 5 controls the billboard up in the night sky to tell him what to say to her. Sandy then tell Ben "It's Okay!"

Short Circuit 2 was I good movie, too bad they couldn't make a 3rd, but hey!

i590848.jpg

8914 was rebuilt around the late '90s. It was renumbered 2414. They renumbered all fishbowls at the same time they rebuilt them. As for the Luminator sign, I guess it was put in at the same time that it got rebuilt.

The 27 was discontinued in 1989, a year after this movie came out. It and the 97 were combined into one route that same year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

8914 was rebuilt around the late '90s. It was renumbered 2414. They renumbered all fishbowls at the same time they rebuilt them. As for the Luminator sign, I guess it was put in at the same time that it got rebuilt.

The 27 was discontinued in 1989, a year after this movie came out. It and the 97 were combined into one route that same year.

It was removed from service in 2007 and returned in April 2009. It retired in October 2010

43 minutes ago, ONQCBusFan said:

It was removed from service in 2007 and returned in April 2009. It retired in October 2010

Yes, that's also true. According to the wiki, it retired in 2007, then got a life extension in March 2009, and came back in April. It then got retired October 2010. Numerous fishbowls also got life extensions around the same year.

14 minutes ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Yes, that's also true. According to the wiki, it retired in 2007, then got a life extension in March 2009, and came back in April. It then got retired October 2010. Numerous fishbowls also got life extensions around the same year.

Exactly I just read the wiki.

BTW Short Circuit 2 is a good movie I liked better than the first one. The movie was supposed to take place in the US but was shot in Canada for a cheaper budget.

12 hours ago, ONQCBusFan said:

Here's a TTC bus seen in the movie "Short Circuit 2". Does anyone know what happened to it after this movie? When was it renumbered? When did it receive the Luminator sign? When was the 27 route discontinued?

12 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Here is a link to the history of route 27 Downtown bus from the Transit Toronto website, along with a copy of the timetable from February 1984.  On 23 November 1989, route 27 was merged with the 97 Yonge bus, effectively becoming route 97B.

ttc-27-downtown-19840206.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomsbuspage said:

Here is a link to the history of route 27 Downtown bus from the Transit Toronto website, along with a copy of the timetable from February 1984.  On 23 November 1989, route 27 was merged with the 97 Yonge bus, effectively becoming route 97B.

ttc-27-downtown-19840206.png

Thanks for the info. I had known that they were combined into one route, but forgot the number. I used that same site, by the way.

10 minutes ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

There is also a scene of a TTC Flyer E700A trolleybuses in that movie.

Here are a couple of them

pdvd_1487.jpg

i590827.jpg

• Like 1