TTC Photography additions

Antarctica

1 hour ago, Orion VI said:

fixed

@2044 How do my photos of 1025, 1026 and 1013 not meet the guidelines? For future reference.

Because it only shows one side of the vehicle, the lighting is poor and there are objects in the way of the vehicle 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Because it only shows one side of the vehicle, the lighting is poor and there are objects in the way of the vehicle 

To add: landscape orientation is preferred for consistency.

EDIT: landscape, not portrait 

• Like 5

I agree with all the points you've made but I think you're referring to the older photos on the wiki rather than the more recent photos being uploaded.  I believe a while back, there was an issue where people were uploading photos on the basis that they were the photographer rather than on the quality of the picture... I think some of those people are no longer wiki editors.  Nowadays, the quality of photos uploaded onto the wiki have improved partly because some of the lower quality images were taken a couple of years ago and many cameras, especially phone cameras, have improved since then.

That photo of 8121 technically meets the wiki photography standards, but again, that photo was taken a couple of years ago and can be replaced if there is a newer and better quality version according to the photo naming conventions.  This can be said regarding all the older photos of the wiki as well

1 hour ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

I am pretty sure you mean the landscape orientation.

--

I would like to bring the following up, and it applies to all sections of the wiki:

Could it be a requirement, rather than a preference, for all photos to be in landscape orientation? For example, in some pages, there are thumbnails in both orientations. First of all, it makes the wiki page look unprofessional. Second of all, the photos are not consistent. Third of all, portrait photos in thumbnail makes the row stretch very long, and makes some pages long to scroll, especially if there are multiple thumbnails in portrait.

Also, can a minimum resolution be required for future uploads? Some photos are obviously taken with a cellphone (While I don't have a problem with cellphones photos, but zoomed-in photos are just terrible.) and come out very blurry. For example, this: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/File:Toronto_Transit_Commission_8121-a.jpg.

Finally, while front shots are preferred, could we maintain a small portion of the thumbnails to be rear shots, so people unfamiliar with the region/vehicle can also see what the back of the vehicle look like? Let's say, a ratio of 1 rear shot in 25 photos.

Thanks for taking the above into consideration!

Click on the person who uploaded that photo of 8121, then read what happened because he added too many shit photos :D

That's why bad shots shouldn't be uploaded.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, jor said:

Got some Photos which include some of the 3200s, 4214, 4049, 8336 in new livery 

BE36AF74-0BA3-43D8-A97F-8A32A8051ADF.jpeg

1AD823A3-03B0-4709-B279-2C0DA80FC2E8.jpeg

FC8E19CC-6185-40E6-8A13-21939BFA167D.jpeg

E4677AF5-1524-4B78-B079-330A3E03567E.jpeg

83796EFD-86B7-4661-9D29-D86B2385A138.jpeg

0A893467-9505-41C8-A3E3-57EA0C28E308.jpeg

59C36668-F55A-4093-9549-EB82DA89879D.jpeg

F070DB67-91D9-43EA-A3E3-A3C5BD6A84DD.jpeg

?‍♂️ Not only are all these images severely blurry and out of focus but most of them either have objects in the way, do not show the full vehicle or are simply crooked

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...