Traffic Survey Ranks Toronto among world's 20 best cities to drive in

Trans-Plan

Toronto ranks among the world's 20 best cities to drive in based on the study released by German online car parts company Kfzteile24 on Wednesday. The survey included other Canadian cities too. According to the study, Calgary had the best ranking, coming in at 10th place to drive in the world. Montreal followed the list with 13th place, Toronto 14th place. Ottawa ranked 22nd, Vancouver 48th. 

Kfzteile24 gathered data from TomTom Traffic Index and also from the city councils to generate this results. It considered nine different factors when ranking the cities, and assigned different weight to each factors. 

Do you guys find these results realistic? Please share your opinions in the comment below. 

Thank you.

Trans-Plan

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

How's Montreal better than Ottawa? In Montreal, people turn right on red, when they are not allowed. I also hear somebody honk at another driver at least five times whenever I'm there. 

In Ottawa, this happens less often. Sure, some people run lights, but it's less often from what I've seen.

Apparently, Ottawa ranks behind both Toronto and Montreal in terms of public transit (no subway in Ottawa--yet) and speed from downtown to the airport (need to drive on city streets for much on the distance rather than expressways), and ahead of Toronto but behind Montreal for road rage.  However, criteria such as fuel prices, road injuries and seem to be ranked at a national level, as Montreal's fuel prices in the survey are the same as Calgary's (yeah right), even though the "petrol price score was based on information from local stations".

One must remember what Mark Twain claimed British PM Benjamin Disraeli once said (although there is no evidence Disraeli actually said it): "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

2 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

Apparently, Ottawa ranks behind both Toronto and Montreal in terms of public transit (no subway in Ottawa--yet) and speed from downtown to the airport (need to drive on city streets for much on the distance rather than expressways), and ahead of Toronto but behind Montreal for road rage.  However, criteria such as fuel prices, road injuries and seem to be ranked at a national level, as Montreal's fuel prices in the survey are the same as Calgary's (yeah right), even though the "petrol price score was based on information from local stations".

One must remember what Mark Twain claimed British PM Benjamin Disraeli once said (although there is no evidence Disraeli actually said it): "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

I get it now. Thanks for explaining.