Sign in to follow this  
roeco

Greyhound BC 2017 Route frequency/abandonment

Greyhound's application to the BCPTB includes some interesting points besides what they have been reported. First of all by the looks of what they want to eliminate for route points it would pretty much eliminate All Service through the Canyon on Hwy 1 from Cache Creek to Hope. All Service on Hwy 3 from Hope to Keremeos which means All schedules to or from Vancouver will Route via HWY 5,. And on the Whistler-Pemberton route  Mount Currie would be eliminated. Also an intersting observation is it looks like they want to eliminate Beaverdell on the Hwy 3 schedule East from Kelowna now it will mean that schedule will then route via Penticon/Osoyoos,Rock Creek and Hwy 3 continuing East!  

Abandoning the following should be approved; Victoria-Nanaimo, Vancouver-Victoria(no actual scheduled service),Ubc-Whistler, Prince George-Ft St James,Pemberton-Mt Currie. The rest I can see reduced frequency on...as for canyon and Hope-Princeton points I think u will still see some kind of service their too. I dont think u will see a full abandonment of the north as their is still the demand for passenger service. 4-5 trips a week is quite sufficent for most routes with current daily service.

Well it should be pretty interesting come end of May as Greyhound is also changing several Alberta runs too for some strange reason, since  Alberta is de regulated they could change their service any time but they have not!!  But effective June 1 they are changing almost  all service in Alberta too.  Lets hope they change the BC schedules so the connectivity is still their!! The BIggest effects will be in Prince George and Dawson Creek as they will have the most runs eliminated! And the 5 hour connection between Northern BC and Southern BC will be severed with not much option!