Sign in to follow this  
Blue Bus Fan

BC Transit - South Okanagan and Similkameen Transit System

Hey, I know this particular thread is dead but I was hoping someone might be able to tell me where the bus stop in Princeton is for the 50. BC Transit makes it really clear where all the other stops are, but provides no information for Princeton itself. 

9 minutes ago, InfiNorth said:

Hey, I know this particular thread is dead but I was hoping someone might be able to tell me where the bus stop in Princeton is for the 50. BC Transit makes it really clear where all the other stops are, but provides no information for Princeton itself. 

There is an on-request, curb-to-curb service in Princeton that operates before/after the route 50 trip. I suspect that people boarding in Princeton call to request a pickup rather than meet at a set location like in other communities.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:30 PM, Articulated said:

boarding in Princeton call to request a pickup

That is the furthest I can get with the website. Since I plan on using the service this coming Summer I guess I'll just have to call and find out. The curb-to-curb thing isn't specifically listed at the time you've mentioned, though paratransit is available according to the website. Do you have a source on the scheduling of the paratransit in Princeton? I'd love to know more about this.

8 minutes ago, InfiNorth said:

Do you have a source on the scheduling of the paratransit in Princeton? I'd love to know more about this.

I do not have any source - this is just based on my best guess with the information on the website. Buses start and end in Princeton, which makes it easier to do local pickups. Of course, with small communities like this, most of the riders are "regulars" who probably already know where the pickup point is, so they don't necessarily need it published... found that out in a few different small communities, with people waiting for "unscheduled" trips not shown on the website.

Calling would probably be the safest option, at least to guarantee your seat. If you do take the bus this summer, I would appreciate hearing more about the service!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Not sure why you posted this, other than this health connections route is one of the most illogical in the province seeing as it operates on the same three days of the week as the standard service operates, only one half hour later. Even has the same inbound/outbound scheduling layout. You'll notice that in "location" column for Princeton there is nothing specified. I also just noticed that BC Transit hasn't updated the schedule information for 50 Princeton/Penticton since at least October 2018 as it still says "Greyhound/NAPA" as its Keremeos stop location.