2017 Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 trial

Dr. BusFreak

4 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Curious: what is the word on the street?

Yes 1008 was out on the 351 this morning! I passed it twice on hwy 99 when I was driving the 351 in 9284.

According to the track sheet at RTC the double decker has it's own block. 98/601 

8 hours ago, Express691 said:

1008 has charging outlets

This, and 1009 are Demo buses only.  Any actual orders for CMBC will be specced to CMBC specs and may be quite different inside.

7 hours ago, Ricky0119 said:

I just wonder if there anyone know the schedule for it this afternoon, that would be great!

Tuesday morning's schedule has been changed slightly from Monday's.  It will be running approximately 30 minutes later in the morning and the 601 trip has been turned into a 351 White rock Centre.  The afternoon trips also have been changed slightly and I do not have them handy.  When/if I get them and have time I will post them.

• Like 1

Tuesday afternoon schedule has been cancelled.  1009 (scheduled as a training vehicle) went BO due to an apparent sensor problem.  1008 was used for training and the schedule was cancelled as it was being used as an extra (unscheduled) run only.  I anticipate 1009 being back in service for tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Curious: what is the schedule like for Friday morning? Thinking of maybe catching it then.

535 Departure from Scottsdale as a 311

610 (Approx) Departure Bridgeport as 351 WhiteRock Centre.

Can't remember the rest of the times but it will be doing 351 WR Centre trips until about noon.  I tend to run about five minutes in front a regular 351.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Will it be running this weekend or on Monday? Don't think I can make it today :(

As I understand things, BOTH Deckers will be running on 620's this weekend.  Starting Monday, they will be running regular route/runs.  Unfortunately I am not sure which ones at this time.  I will try to find out for Monday.

• Thanks 1

Fun stuff. On 1008 right now on its last trip back to Bridgeport. Was on 1009 earlier heading to the ferry terminal, but it got taken out of service at Steveston and was replaced with an XDE60 due to the relief driver having not been trained yet. Thankfully, 1008 was right behind to pick up the slack. Saw 1009 later heading southbound at Lander Exchange on my return trip onboard 1008; guess they found another suitable run / driver.

On 02/12/2017 at 9:56 AM, iliketrains said:

you can track them on tcomm now!88A4E28C-79BB-4D61-89C8-576DD38587B5.thumb.png.f4fafbec92f0a0cc69aa8ac1fbed1311.png

I wonder what T-Comm page for S008 and S009 would look like if S008 and S009 (the retired Ford shuttles) were still active to this day. Would we get two maps and two assignment histories? One map and assignment history for the shuttle, and another map and assignment history for the double-deckers lol?

6 minutes ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

I wonder what T-Comm page for S008 and S009 would look like if S008 and S009 (the retired Ford shuttles) were still active to this day. Would we get two maps and two assignment histories? One map and assignment history for the shuttle, and another map and assignment history for the double-deckers lol?

Presumably the numbers would have to be unique within the Translink system where tcomm gets its info from. So if there was already 100X numbers in use, they'd probably choose a different numbering scheme for demo buses, or apply a different prefix on the demos (like the 8 for West Van)

So now that the buses have been in service for a few weeks, I'm curious about your thoughts concerning passenger turnover so far. I know there was some discussion regarding this earlier on the first page, but that was before they were in service. Take a peek in this video:

*I feel bad for TL drivers having to deal with that chirping blinker...

Disregard certain statements such as "handles just the same" (:lol: suuure), but the driver raised a good point. Is it appropriate considering factors related to turnover? 

Or maybe, VanHool needs to bring the AGG300 to North America....:P

11 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Disregard certain statements such as "handles just the same" (:lol: suuure), but the driver raised a good point. Is it worth it considering factors related to turnover? Perhaps,its time for ADL to bust out a 3 door version of the E500, similar to Berlin's MAN Lion's City DDs?

Both London and Singapore have three-door, two-staircase buses.

In London's case, the 1000 New Routemaster buses have a similar layout as Berlin, with the third door and second staircase both situated at the rear. It should be noted that the rear door on the earlier models was designed to remain open in the fashion of the original Routemaster, allowing riders to hop-on, hop-off. But unfortunately that never took off, and the rear door was redesigned like the Berlin buses. Here's an epic article worth digesting about the infamous "Boris buses": https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/aug/03/new-routemaster-old-london-bus-boris-johnson

Singapore is much more recent, having begun a trial earlier this year with a MAN bus with a third door and second staircase not at the rear, but at the centre of the vehicle, adjacent to the second doorway. Both the second and third doors are essentially designed like a single, wide doorway with a pillar in the centre and independently functioning leafs. Here's coverage on this example: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/three-door-double-decker-bus-hits-the-roads-in-trial

11 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Or maybe, VanHool needs to bring the AGG300 to North America....:P

Vancouver's streets definitely would not be able to handle a bi-artic without major modifications to handle all that weight.

3 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Singapore is much more recent, having begun a trial earlier this year with a MAN bus with a third door and second staircase not at the rear, but at the centre of the vehicle, adjacent to the second doorway. Both the second and third doors are essentially designed like a single, wide doorway with a pillar in the centre and independently functioning leafs. Here's coverage on this example: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/three-door-double-decker-bus-hits-the-roads-in-trial

Berlin has loads of DDs from MAN, and it seems they've been happy with them, considering they ordered 420 of the things over 5 years. 

I knew about the Singapore DD, its a super quirky way of doing it. Although I'm not sure why they'd want to change it since the 2 staircase/3 door formula was working fine elsewhere. Then again, Singapore's passenger patterns are probably much different. Mind you, BVGs DDs handle some serious pax traffic. 

3 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Vancouver's streets definitely would not be able to handle a bi-artic without major modifications to handle all that weight.

I was joking :lol:. Can't imagine one of those making it up the hill on the 145. 

Still, would 3 doors work for TL on a DD?