when is the new double decker bus going to be in service to ride on 

17 minutes ago, shane76 said:

i wonder what the vehicle number will be for the double decker bus

No.

2 hours ago, shane76 said:

i wonder what the vehicle number will be for the double decker bus 

As I posted earlier, Driver training for the coach is currently on hold until at least November 14 and will take at least two weeks to complete.  Don't expect to see the coaches in revenue service until likely Early December.  I am one of the drivers taking the training and I will try to advise as I know more.

5 hours ago, Express691 said:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Alexander_Dennis_Enviro500

Saw a link from one of the editors and dug up the demonstrator units. Positive that the ones we are testing are the 2 units built in 2014.

Not sure about that as one was retrofitted to EU spec for a demo in Germany. They could've changed it back though. I guess that was probably what happened. The bus that was demoed in Germany does have a "hideous" livery, so maybe that's what it is.

2 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Not sure about that as one was retrofitted to EU spec for a demo in Germany. They could've changed it back though. I guess that was probably what happened. The bus that was demoed in Germany does have a "hideous" livery, so maybe that's what it is.

The hideous livery is a custom Translink wrap. Blame whoever was in Sapperton thinking that it was a good idea.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

The German livery was just an ADL-branded wrap on the sides of the bus with a BVG-yellow wrap that doesn't match it on the front end.

For reference, the above description was referring to this particular vehicle:

Alexander_Dennis_Enviro_500_BVG_Doppelde

I can imagine that Translink would have something similar, to emphasize that the bus is only a test and may not be here to stay.

To my surprise, MARTA in Atlanta tested out this same model a year ago for only six weeks and yet decided to give it a full wrap similar to its permanent fleet.

IMG_4065.JPG

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ThatBusGuy said:

Spotted 7190 in Ladner doing height measuring along the 601 route. Surprised they're still doing that, I thought they would have finished testing that by now...

Everything is on hold (again). You also never know what that windstorm did or may have done to surrounding trees.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Everything is on hold (again). You also never know what that windstorm did or may have done to surrounding trees.

There are also some issues with the kickout at the ferry terminal, forcing the bus to have to reverse in order to avoid hittimg any barriers. So testing on the 620 wont be for a bit

On 11/2/2017 at 4:49 PM, NotQuite said:

As I posted earlier, Driver training for the coach is currently on hold until at least November 14 and will take at least two weeks to complete.  Don't expect to see the coaches in revenue service until likely Early December.  I am one of the drivers taking the training and I will try to advise as I know more.

Driver training was supposed to restart this week, but has again been put on hold/cancelled.  The reason I was given for my training being cancelled was ' Coach Issues'.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

On 11/14/2017 at 10:56 AM, Marlow1331 said:

There are also some issues with the kickout at the ferry terminal, forcing the bus to have to reverse in order to avoid hittimg any barriers. So testing on the 620 wont be for a bit

That is a comparatively minor issue.  During earlier testing it was noticed and can be temporarily dealt with by carefully instructing the drivers being trained on the DD's in how to avoid this problem.  If Deckers are eventually purchased and deemed appropriate for the 620 run, maintenance can very easily fix this difficulty by some judicious relocation of some of the fencing.

2 hours ago, NotQuite said:

Driver training was supposed to restart this week, but has again been put on hold/cancelled.  The reason I was given for my training being cancelled was ' Coach Issues'.

They call it a coach? Perhaps it is being built to GO Transit's "coach" specs including the Super Lo height?

5 hours ago, Transit geek said:

They call it a coach? Perhaps it is being built to GO Transit's "coach" specs including the Super Lo height?

The demo is considered a highway coach replacement, so it will likely have some of the "coach" specs that Go Transit may have implemented in their double deckers (excluding the SuperLo height as far as I am aware).