2017 Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 trial

Dr. BusFreak

More details from Board meeting (streamed on Facebook):

13 feet 6 inches height (BC transit's are 14 feet) (CMBC president claims that 13 feet 6 fits in the tunnel) (They drove it thru the tunnel several times)
42 feet in length
Seating for 80
Upper deck has reclining seats
Will show up in the yard 2-3 weeks beforehand, (buses will be wrapped)
Will be installed with Tcomm, GPS, Compass
Potential routes: 301, 555, 351, 354, 620

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Express691 said:

Potential routes: 301, 555, 351, 354, 620

So that means the double deckers won't run on the other Orion RTC runs, such as the 311, 352, 601, 602, 603, 604, 606 and 608? I find it weird if that's the case, as TransLink is limiting the chance to test the double deckers on as many highway routes as possible. After all, that's the whole point of the trial...

2 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

So that means the double deckers won't run on the other Orion RTC runs, such as the 311, 352, 601, 602, 603, 604, 606 and 608? I find it weird if that's the case, as TransLink is limiting the chance to test the double deckers on as many highway routes as possible. After all, that's the whole point of the trial...

They're only potential routes. They may/may not add more routes later.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

Does that mean RTC will operate the double decker runs on the 301 and 555 then? 

I doubt it.  They will probably stay together at RTC for some time then one to STC and one to PTC for those runs.  At least that makes the most sense within the trial period.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, shane76 said:

when is the new double decker bus going to be in service to ride on 

I was talking to a service planner and he said they are aiming to have it in service around Mid-November, around the 10th, and go till the end of February. 

They are wrapping it up in translink colors (like the BYD), installing tmac system, next stop announcement , compass validators, farebox, all that good stuff. Since it's going to have the tmac you should be able to track it. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phillip said:

I was talking to a service planner and he said they are aiming to have it in service around Mid-November, around the 10th, and go till the end of February. 

They are wrapping it up in translink colors (like the BYD), installing tmac system, next stop announcement , compass validators, farebox, all that good stuff. Since it's going to have the tmac you should be able to track it. :) 

Training for the drivers has been put off for a week.  It now starts on Nov 14th.  I would not expect to see the coaches in revenue service before very late November.

1 hour ago, NotQuite said:

Haven't seen that yet, but if/when I do, I will try to get and post a pic.

Actually JK. I saw it yesterday on the 91 going into Surrey on Alex Fraser. It is nothing any transit system would use for an actual scheme, I can tell you that. (I was on 7189 on the 340 and was going too fast to capture a photo).