2018 SkyTrain Procurement

Express691

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So at this point officially we have no new orders, no options for more train sets. Am I correct? So rolling stock is as follows

• 150 6-car - Mark I's
  • 108 ?-car - Mark II's
  •   84 4-car - Mark III's

WOW 21 Mark III trains vs 25 Mark I trains.

Too bad I am in solitary confinement (no joke) due to the Pandemic and Care facilities being prohibited from allowing clients to leave for anything.

8 hours ago, Mac Write said:

So at this point officially we have no new orders, no options for more train sets. Am I correct? So rolling stock is as follows

• 150 6-car - Mark I's
  • 108 ?-car - Mark II's
  •   84 4-car - Mark III's

WOW 21 Mark III trains vs 25 Mark I trains.

Too bad I am in solitary confinement (no joke) due to the Pandemic and Care facilities being prohibited from allowing clients to leave for anything.

I'm not too sure the status of that RFP? But I believe it's the best thread here for Skytrain procurement. 

On 9/21/2020 at 10:27 PM, Express691 said:

481-484 was seen in OMC1 assembled/undergoing testing.

Expecting a mid-october entry into service, or even by the end of the month, and this will be historic as this is the last set of mk3s for now. First 2018 set entered service in January 2019.

Nice and hoping the last stylish mark 3 enter service will bring more frequent service as well as comfort and space for passengers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 5:04 PM, Express691 said:

BCRTC has completed comissioning of the 2018 MK3 order as 481-484 was spotted in service not long ago.

I saw your video on riding the Last Mark 3 train, a really nice and in depth video to celebrate the comissioning of the Last Mark 3 train. I haven't been riding skytrain for alsmot a year and hoping to ride again and see more new trains.