2018/2019 Electric Bus Project

Express691

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Let's just hope it's an incorrect file sent to NFI

In before it’s an excuse to have it say on the roofline “BatteryBus” ? I swear the current trend with translink is to have labels on rooflines. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, translink said:

In before it’s an excuse to have it say on the roofline “BatteryBus” ? I swear the current trend with translink is to have labels on rooflines. 

Now I can imagine some poor design intern being hastily assigned the job of correcting the blue roof-line and turning it into some promotional branding that espouses the environmentally-friendly technology within...

If only they could use the colour green... Oh wait... they already painted the RapidBuses green... right....

5 minutes ago, Millennium2002 said:

Now I can imagine some poor design intern being hastily assigned the job of correcting the blue roof-line and turning it into some promotional branding that espouses the environmentally-friendly technology within...

Dont tell me it's the same design intern who designed the wrap on the double decker demos

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Rumor has it that VTC has a space shortage, hence why HTC has taken over the route since its opening. Personally, I agree that VTC would be a better place to station these buses due to the notorious traffic jams that the Queensborough Bridge often experiences... but if there is no room, then VTC would have to transfer a different route (e.g. the 25 or 33) to BTC and then BTC would have to give up one or two of its routes to HTC.  And the latter might be the most difficult part... as every other Burnaby route that is within proximity to HTC has already been transferred. The only candidate left that I can see is maybe the 130 from Metrotown...

That raises the issue of ensuring that the buses get a good overnight charge before they leave HTC. Ideally you would not want buses to leave HTC on their first run to 22nd Street Station and then have to have an immediate charging break. Will they install one of the big charging stations at HTC to ensure the buses leave fully charged? Or a plug connector as for electric cars with presumably a DC rapid charger? 

From the electrical engineering point of view, there are arguments why VTC would be a good base: large scale electrical power supply already on site; and maintenance expertise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

If only they could use the colour green... Oh wait... they already painted the RapidBuses green... right....

11 hours ago, translink said:

No no no, they're going to paint the roofline yellow, place a lightning bolt down the back, and label it BatteryBus. Like this!

InkedDlo5vUfU4AEEzdl_LI.jpg

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

No no no, they're going to paint the roofline yellow, place a lightning bolt down the back, and label it BatteryBus. Like this!

InkedDlo5vUfU4AEEzdl_LI.jpg

Is H19303 going to be that exact font? ?

• Haha 1

So this is what the charger looks like at 22nd Street Station. I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that an XN40 was parked under it before I took the shot... Applying high voltages to CNG does not seem like a smart idea. I wonder what safety mechanisms will be in place to prevent that from happening.

20190508_154738.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On May 7, 2019 at 9:53 PM, Millennium2002 said:

Nah... This just proves that TransLink's plan all along was to run it on the 340 and 410 express... (Just kidding!) :P 

Gee, I wish that the 340 got Electric Buses! It would be the last cool thing that has happened to the route since the XN40s entered service! 

On May 7, 2019 at 11:39 PM, Translink69 said:

Amen

I quite liked the design of the Double Deck Buses, but It would be weird having that livery on the buses once they are in real service. I want something like this for the electric buses. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

I quite liked the design of the Double Deck Buses, but It would be weird having that livery on the buses once they are in real service. I want something like this for the electric buses. 

image.jpeg

I like that design, too. Doesn't block passenger's view, but is still effective.

2 hours ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

Gee, I wish that the 340 got Electric Buses! It would be the last cool thing that has happened to the route since the XN40s entered service! 

image.jpeg

FYI: that's a photoshop. The Proterra buses for TTC haven't been built yet. But I do agree, it's a very nice bus.

• Like 4