TTC Delays and Disruptions

13 hours ago, MK78 said:

Well today it's just rain, so I think they'll get away with service today, but tomorrow I wonder if they'll service the morning rush like they did last week and shut down around 10am, or not put any trains out at all.

10:55 AM in south Etobicoke. Is rain supposed to be white and cover everything? Is this the New Rain I've been hearing about?

13 hours ago, Shaun said:

Yes they do but there are people who claim that the engines work on compressed air not jetfuel. 

The big difference between turbojets and turbofans is that the former uses pretty much all the air intake for combustion with the jet fuel, while the latter bypasses a lot of the air--because it pulls in a lot more air than needed. And this is the major efficiency gain for "modern" airliners, as opposed to the first-gen DC-8, 707, etc. I have only skimmed the wikipedia article, but I would not be amazed if the majority of the thrust from a high bypass turbofan is from the bypass air, not from the combustion product.

Nevertheless, if you run out of jet fuel, hope that you're close to Gimli or Terceira, because you're gonna be landing real soon like.

2 hours ago, Ed T. said:

10:55 AM in south Etobicoke. Is rain supposed to be white and cover everything? Is this the New Rain I've been hearing about?

Check the time of post, it was yesterday, it was all rain yesterday until this morning when it turned to ice then snow.

There are a lot of bus related delays as of 8:26pm on December 23 due to the weather. The most important ones:

13 is detouring via Yonge between St. Clair and Bloor.

42 is detouring via Steeles between Leslie and Bayview.

55 is doing a large counterclockwise loop via Jane, Dundas, Prince Edward, and Bloor.

63 is detouring via Dufferin between Davenport and Rogers. Isn't there a hill here that causes a lot of slipping?

77 has no service on Runnymede or Morningside.

91 isn't serving any stops north of Underhill and Brookbanks.

It's a bad day on route 510, which is detouring via Bathurst between Dundas and Bloor, ending at Bathurst Station, due to a wire down, and between King and Queens Quay.

Are there supplemental buses operating along the streetcar routes according to the winter weather plan?

2 minutes ago, blue.bird.fan said:

There are a lot of bus related delays as of 8:26pm on December 23 due to the weather. The most important ones:

13 is detouring via Yonge between St. Clair and Bloor.

42 is detouring via Steeles between Leslie and Bayview.

55 is doing a large counterclockwise loop via Jane, Dundas, Prince Edward, and Bloor.

63 is detouring via Dufferin between Davenport and Rogers. Isn't there a hill here that causes a lot of slipping?

77 has no service on Runnymede or Morningside.

91 isn't serving any stops north of Underhill and Brookbanks.

It's a bad day on route 510, which is detouring via Bathurst between Dundas and Bloor, ending at Bathurst Station, due to a wire down, and between King and Queens Quay.

Are there supplemental buses operating along the streetcar routes according to the winter weather plan?

At least we dont have any streetcars dead due to airlines being frozen for all of you Flexity haters. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Shaun said:

You can freeze your fingers and toes off waiting for your ALRV to arrive. :)

What is the point of bringing this up? There have been no ALRVs in service for 3 years. Move on.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, TTC7447 said:

Interesting disruption if you ask me.  Never seen/heard of one like this before:

Maybe someone thought they could bring their motorized motorcycle or scooter on the subway. Before the operators were told to bypass the station for safety reasons.

I know it has happened in New York City once where three people brought their motorbikes onto the subway system. 

19 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Maybe someone thought they could bring their motorized motorcycle or scooter on the subway. Before the operators were told to bypass the station for safety reasons.

I know it has happened in New York City once where three people brought their motorbikes onto the subway system. 

Exactly this, I heard it was a scooter.

501 and 504A streetcars are diverting due to emergency watermain repairs along Dufferin Street; the TTC's alerts indicate 501 cars are extending to Roncesvalles (looping presumably in the yard? I think both the North gate and Sunnyside Loop are both still out of service...), and 504A cars are looping at Fleet Loop.

The service notices are less than clear, as the 504 map shows the closure on Dufferin and diversion to Fleet Loop, yet the text talks about a convoluted detour routing in the east end.

Screenshot_20230120_201524_Facebook.jpg

I don't know if this is connected to the post above, but water main break has closed St Andrew station (so obviously this break is not on Dufferin! :rolleyes:).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/flood-st-andrew-subway-station-water-main-break-1.6722169

It seems that the King car is indeed terminating at Fleet loop and/or Exhibition loop, although it takes some pondering to figure that out from the following (at least I had to ponder it!)

The 504 King streetcar is also taking a detour via Fleet Street, Bathurst Street, Queen Street East, Church Street and King Street East, due to the watermain break.

2 hours ago, Ed T. said:

I don't know if this is connected to the post above, but water main break has closed St Andrew station (so obviously this break is not on Dufferin! :rolleyes:).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/flood-st-andrew-subway-station-water-main-break-1.6722169

It seems that the King car is indeed terminating at Fleet loop and/or Exhibition loop, although it takes some pondering to figure that out from the following (at least I had to ponder it!)

The one at University/King is a different water main break. Also trains were bypassing St. Andrew, but I heard they suspended service 

• 2 weeks later...