Jump to content

TTC Delays and Disruptions


Recommended Posts

Or the city could have, you know left Islington open just like they used to find a way to do for the duration of the event back a few years ago. I dont know what's necessitated the need to close Islington this time around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, lip said:

Or the city could have, you know left Islington open just like they used to find a way to do for the duration of the event back a few years ago. I dont know what's necessitated the need to close Islington this time around.

Probably security reasons. They have a security guard sitting in a vehicle right at the intersection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, T3G said:

I disagree. There's having issues with a service being provided, and then there is this. I think that when 95% of a user's contributions to this forum is complaints about service and about how they personally are being treated like third class citizens because their service/rolling stock is trash, a reality check is sorely needed. Not that any of us on the forum can do anything about it, anyway - isn't this what customer service is paid to listen to?

I’m Currently in Winnipeg.
 

Man, do we have it good at home.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Line 2 was an absolute clusterf**** last night, basically there was virtually no "service" for the night.

As mentioned above there was the Ossington-Jane shutdown, then on top of that the P1 at Coxwell which suspended service between Broadview and Woodbine. Then there was a "power off" situation at Warden resulting in no service between Victoria Park and Kennedy. I've literally never seen such a screwed up disaster, and it's not an exaggeration. It took a solid 10 minutes to get from Ossington to Christie alone as the train I was on took it's sweet damn time through the centre track traveling at I kid you not 2-3km/h. I wont even mention the shuttle buses which were jammed going westbound.

It's been mentioned fairly regularly on this forum that service on Line 2 is a joke, and honestly i'll have to agree. I dont know what kind of idiocy is going on with management at TTC (actually i do, it starts with the clown Rick Leary), but this garbage needs to come to an end. Service all over the network is screwed up; line management basically doesnt exist, there's no fare enforcement anywhere in sight, construction management has been poorly planned, and the list goes on. Frankly I dont think i've seen things this bad since the Howard Moscoe-Bob Kinnear-Rick Ducharme era and even that wasnt this bad.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 5:00 AM, lip said:

 I dont know what kind of idiocy is going on with management at TTC (actually i do, it starts with the clown Rick Leary), but this garbage needs to come to an end. Service all over the network is screwed up; line management basically doesnt exist, there's no fare enforcement anywhere in sight, construction management has been poorly planned, and the list goes on. Frankly I dont think i've seen things this bad since the Howard Moscoe-Bob Kinnear-Rick Ducharme era and even that wasnt this bad.

To be fair, Leary ran the MBTA for awhile. I don't think I need to say more with how much of a crapshow that place is - especially in regards to it's safety record. Near miss, anyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 2:52 AM, Kelvin3157 said:

P1 at Highway 407, and it looks like there could be more to this one specifically , but hopefully not

There was nothing except a voluntary act as confirmed by TTC on their cameras as I heard live on the TTC radio.

The police always investigate a serious incident at track level.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

There was nothing except a voluntary act as confirmed by TTC on their cameras as I heard live on the TTC radio.

The police always investigate a serious incident at track level.

Yes, but they do not normally announce a police investigation following a P1. It could cause some negative speculation and fear as to what happened. 


Also… this investigation is happening near the York Mills centre track. A cadaver was located.  21 people responding on track level right now.

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Yes, but they do not normally announce a police investigation following a P1. It could cause some negative speculation and fear as to what happened. 


 

There was a large York Regional Police presence at the 407 station after this happened. That's probably why it was mentioned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Also… this investigation is happening near the York Mills centre track. A cadaver was located.  21 people responding on track level right now.

Any update to this? Where did this information come from? I can't find anything, neither through google nor in that twitter thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 81-717 said:

Any update to this? Where did this information come from? I can't find anything, neither through google nor in that twitter thread.

TTC radio. They found them either on the mainline NB or centre pocket track there in contact with the third rail. A lot of response personnel were at scene

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

TTC radio. They found them either on the mainline NB or centre pocket track there in contact with the third rail. A lot of response personnel were at scene

It was the pocket. They had been there for some time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprise, surprise. Another TTC project that hasnt entirely finished on time. Anyone have any idea when the speed restriction between Dundas West and Keele will be over? It was supposed to end by the end of July. We're in the middle of August now...

Funny enough there was a train I was on which flew through the construction site at regular speed about a week ago.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 3:28 PM, lip said:

Funny enough there was a train I was on which flew through the construction site at regular speed about a week ago.

Probably one that had speed control bypassed due to an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2022 at 12:18 AM, Tom1122 said:

Earlier this evening Finch had to be evacuated due to a fire investigation. Any idea what happened?

Re-read the alert.  It was a POLICE investigation, not fire.  There was a stabbing a block away from the station and police shut the station down for the investigation 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BusDude said:

Re-read the alert.  It was a POLICE investigation, not fire.  There was a stabbing a block away from the station and police shut the station down for the investigation 

I was at Finch when it was evacuated. They said it was for a FIRE investigation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2022 at 11:34 AM, BusDude said:

Re-read the alert.  It was a POLICE investigation, not fire.  There was a stabbing a block away from the station and police shut the station down for the investigation 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, Tom1122 said:

I was at Finch when it was evacuated. They said it was for a FIRE investigation.

It was a bomb threat. Both fire and police were on scene when I passed by.

 

P1 at Wilson, shuttle buses extended to Lawrence West.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

It was a bomb threat. Both fire and police were on scene when I passed by.

 

P1 at Wilson, shuttle buses extended to Lawrence West.

I arrived at Wilson just after that delay cleared and overheard the driver of my northbound shuttle bus talking about it.

Since the delay lasted for just under 2 hours, would they deploy additional shuttles in addition to the ones already operating on the scheduled closure?

On this note, I noticed that different routes were being taken northbound and southbound alternating via Transit and Wilson Heights to reduce the number of left turns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

Since the delay lasted for just under 2 hours, would they deploy additional shuttles in addition to the ones already operating on the scheduled closure?

They usually do.

2 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

On this note, I noticed that different routes were being taken northbound and southbound alternating via Transit and Wilson Heights to reduce the number of left turns.

The usual shuttle route is NB Transit and SB Wilson Heights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...