TTC Delays and Disruptions

5 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Don’t know where to post this but, most of the 900x series routes will be back. I know 943 and the 968 will be back in the May, not sure about others.

Really, you couldn't be bothered to spend ten seconds and try to search for a proper location, and just decided "eh, Delays and Disruptions is close enough to Service Changes"????? Even "TTC in the news" would be somewhere better than here...

FYI, there's a thread titled TTC Service Changes. It's even on the first page of the GTA...

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 2:18 AM, Ultimate said:

Anyone know whats happening at Kennedy Station with Line 3 being down for the past few hours due to a "Fire", now all buses are being re-directed from the station due a "Fire" at the "bays"

sounds like a minor bus fire

A bit of a mess on Line 1 this morning.  No service between St. Clair & Lawrence due to mechanical issues.  Shuttle buses running.  At the same time, Yonge St. is closed in both directions between Eglinton and Broadway due to a 2-alarm fire at Yonge & Roehampton.

Anyone know if there was some sort of delay with the 45A yesterday? The route was extremley screwed up all afternoon, at one point there was a 70 minute gap between buses.

I know theres a detour at the north end to the 37B loop, but that shouldnt cause all the buses to stack up for the entire afternoon.

Screenshot_20220430-180447.png

^TTC line management at it's finest right there. Yet another example of how they have no idea how to properly manage a route.

I mean there was a shooting around Kipling and Mount Olive, and around Kipling and Finch (both werent directly on Kipling itself), but really that's no reason why for the route to be screwed up that badly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lip said:

^TTC line management at it's finest right there. Yet another example of how they have no idea how to properly manage a route.

I mean there was a shooting around Kipling and Mount Olive, and around Kipling and Finch (both werent directly on Kipling itself), but really that's no reason why for the route to be screwed up that badly.

Those shootings happened hours after the route had already been screwed up. You should have seen the crowd at the 45A platform at kipling stn after about an hour with no bus, there had to have been 200 people waiting. 

I hope something changes with the service in etobicoke soon, seems like every day there is at least one major etobicoke route with either multiple runs missing or insane gaps, or both.

51 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

Those shootings happened hours after the route had already been screwed up. You should have seen the crowd at the 45A platform at kipling stn after about an hour with no bus, there had to have been 200 people waiting. 

I hope something changes with the service in etobicoke soon, seems like every day there is at least one major etobicoke route with either multiple runs missing or insane gaps, or both.

I'm not holding my breath for any improvements in the near term.

Service is screwed up all over the system; For instance just from experience i know the 44 and 110 have been missing runs all over the evening times resulting in big gaps in service. This really has a deep effect on the 110 in particular since 110A and 110C service are interlined and if one run doesnt show up, it results in 40+ min waits for either service (which has been occurring frequently).

Another example is the 501B which is a complete joke, and has been for months. Clearly management doesnt care if there's 4-5 buses laying over at the end of the lines while customers wait 20 mins for the next bus at any point during the day.

During the rush hours i've seen long waits at Kipling on the 45 platform, but I cant speak much to service on that route. Needless to say, I wouldnt be surprised if service is screwed up there as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Two P1s within the past hour, one at Leslie and one at Warden

Just saw it on the TTC notices Twitter. Especially how shuttle buses were asked to be extended from Woodbine to Kennedy on Line 2 until the P1 could be addressed.

Line 4 on the other-hand, apparently people are still waiting long periods for shuttle buses. The 85A Sheppard East between Sheppard-Yonge and Don Mills exist, but no way they can handle it on a 20 minute frequency with the amount of passenger volume. 

Today is not a good day with two different P1s happening in a short period of time. 

45 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Just saw it on the TTC notices Twitter. Especially how shuttle buses were asked to be extended from Woodbine to Kennedy on Line 2 until the P1 could be addressed.

Line 4 on the other-hand, apparently people are still waiting long periods for shuttle buses. The 85A Sheppard East between Sheppard-Yonge and Don Mills exist, but no way they can handle it on a 20 minute frequency with the amount of passenger volume. 

Today is not a good day with two different P1s happening in a short period of time. 

Grand total of 4 shuttle buses were distributed on Line 4, in addition to the two existing 85J buses; given the regular round trip time is 20 minutes, that's barely covering the subway's frequency.

10 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

The 2nd one at Warden ended not being one and cleared shortly, apparently it was a contact on the platform and the victim got on a train on the opposite side - as described by witnesses because camera view was obstructed by a sign.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Line 2 was suspended for about an hour earlier today due to a train hitting a tree.

Screenshot_20220521-154744~2.png

Looking forward to seeing the SOP the TTC comes up for this one, i'm sure it's going to be a great one for service.

On 5/21/2022 at 6:09 PM, lip said:

Looking forward to seeing the SOP the TTC comes up for this one, i'm sure it's going to be a great one for service.

10km/h where there are trees present. B)

• Haha 3

On 5/21/2022 at 3:49 PM, H4 5600 said:

Line 2 was suspended for about an hour earlier today due to a train hitting a tree.

Luckily no one got hurt (unless there's more to this story than they let on).

Are there any photos of the aftermath of the accident? Wonder if the unit involved got damaged/derailed.

10 hours ago, 81-717 said:

Luckily no one got hurt (unless there's more to this story than they let on).

Are there any photos of the aftermath of the accident? Wonder if the unit involved got damaged/derailed.

Passengers were not evacuated. The train continued at low speed to Royal York where passengers were deboarded, and the train went out of service.

I was on the fxxxin ridiculous trip way home tonight. (Around 10 11 pm)

I took a Line1 train from St.Andrew to St.George and this was ok..

and the problem occured when I got to line 2 platform.. the service was suspended between St.George and Ossington due to a power off since someone was on the track level.. 

The Uber fare was jacked up and I ended up waited 15 minute before service resume.

However, the train suddenly went out of service at Jane.. The operator told us the next train is right behind us… and the next one didn’t show up until like 10 minute after..

Do you know what is a common ground of taking the train out of service when the subway is this?

I feel like the TTC is basically abandoning Line2 service right now.. with longer headway which didn’t even improve from last November. 

I got caught up in the delay as well (waited about 10–15 mins at Yonge), and while I was annoyed at first, I took a moment to acknowledge the fact that it is a privilege to be stranded at a subway station for 15 minutes while waiting for service to resume, instead of being stranded at a subway station bomb shelter for days on end while your city is being destroyed, and how lucky we are to be here and not there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I disagree. There's having issues with a service being provided, and then there is this. I think that when 95% of a user's contributions to this forum is complaints about service and about how they personally are being treated like third class citizens because their service/rolling stock is trash, a reality check is sorely needed. Not that any of us on the forum can do anything about it, anyway - isn't this what customer service is paid to listen to?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Exactly, this isn't your complain channel. It's okay to complain once in a while but if almost all of one's contribution is delays on Line 2 or handmedowns. There is a problem.

Talking about delays, it must suck if you use the 37/937 Islington for the next two weeks with that road closure between Eglinton and The Kingsway for the Canadian Open golf tournament. Damn that left turn queue from westbound Eglinton onto southbound Kipling was over 500m looooooooooooong.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Talking about delays, it must suck if you use the 37/937 Islington for the next two weeks with that road closure between Eglinton and The Kingsway for the Canadian Open golf tournament. Damn that left turn queue from westbound Eglinton onto southbound Kipling was over 500m looooooooooooong.

There are a few ways they could have dealt with that. Allow buses to travel south of Eglinton, and take Princess Marge to The Kingsway. (I imagine the fire station still has access to the road!). Or turn left at Bremerside to Princess Marge, although that is not a nice left turn.