9 hours ago, dowlingm said:

Any update on the Line 1 King speed restrictions?

Still ongoing... this morning the EA at SB Eglinton West opened up the congestion from St. Clair West, with no train for around 10 mins. On board the first short turned train, it was clear sailing... only to entering Dupont Station, and then we caught up to the tail of the ebbing congestion.

Speaking of congestion, this afternoon just after 4 my bus took 12 mins to go up the western portal from St. Clair West...

This morning just before 8, SB155 run (578X set) became disabled in the tunnel just south of Eglinton West, with an air hose leak (maybe more) in at least two cars; 5783, and from hearing the noise, the tail car (5786?). Limped into St. Clair West in manual mode (the two front indicator lights were flashing), offloaded on the SB platform and limped into the centre track. No trains were short turned at SCW despite the delay lasting over 20 mins, but an overcrowding unsafe was implemented SB SCW, and SB St. George which was rammed. The NB direction seemed to be sparsely occupied with trains too, only a few passed and they all held for a while NB. No PA announcements or delay notices were made about this delay, which was concurrent with the EA at SB Osgoode (which had each letter of its name read out by the automated announcer), the door delay at Pape, and the signal problems at Warden.

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

That's pretty crappy, it's like they don't even want to try.

Experience is a valuable asset, to those that choose to use it. 

I don’t think they can mix the unimog in with regular rush hour traffic.

h

3 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Experience is a valuable asset, to those that choose to use it. 

I don’t think they can mix the unimog in with regular rush hour traffic.

Haha... Well i just heard on the SRT radio that its getting tougher and tougher for the trains to go, they are just running storm trains. So they may be cancelling those as well at some point.

Just now, 7575 said:

I'm driving the 127 tonight and I expect it to just get worse by the hour. I'm driving 1016 tonight. The hybrid OG's are a pain in the ass in the snow.

What makes them a pain in the snow vs other buses in the fleet? Worse than the OG diesels were?

Just now, 7575 said:

I am. I'm just annoyed as it has taken me 20 minutes to go on Spadina Rd. between Bernard and Dupont

It took me 20 minutes to go from Spadina to Bathurst on King on a Saturday night with good weather. 

I went and did some donuts on my street. Fun times in an AWD car today. Lol

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

I'm driving the 127 tonight and I expect it to just get worse by the hour. I'm driving 1016 tonight. The hybrid OG's are a pain in the ass in the snow.

I hear you; yesterday as I am shoveling my driveway, 1025 was skidding as it accelerated from a stop and I could see the frustration on the operators face. 

Kind of expecting this tonight: