TTC Delays and Disruptions

According to my radio station, there was an 'ill passenger' at Finch, all trains turning back at Sheppard-Yonge. Shuttle buses were no longer running at about 4:45.

So shuttles were running for a good hour and 15-20 mins then, I was on the BD line at 3:30pm and heard the announcments for the delay.

There was a fire at Vincent Yard today (Around 2 PM), smoke was billowing out of Tunnel 2 and there were firefighters, paradmedics (who knows why), police officers, and TTC personnel going in and out of the tunnel. There were also all sorts of vehicles (ambulances, police cars, and firetrucks on the street that goes under the subway tracks.

Trains were told to go through the area slowly both ways in between Keele and Dundas West station.

Also, there was a minor PAA westbound at Castle Frank Stn. this morning, delay was less than 5 minutes.

Are you sure it was a real fire?

Toronto Fire has been doing emergency training there for the past couple of weeks. The area was taped off earlier in the week too. When I went past this afternoon, there was no fire, but about 25-30 people were at track level, and it looked like they were being briefed or de-briefed.

According to the news, there was another stabbing last night at Kennedy, by the looks of it, it was in the bus level. The TTC needs to get the east end under control, this is the 2nd stabbing at an east-end station in a few weeks. More (and/or better) cameras, increased security, or something else needs to be done.

Accordingly, shuttle buses would've been running between Lawrence East and Warden.

The RT is currently down, until further notice. Shuttle buses are in affect. - From Transit Control 7pm tonight.

Earlier today around 10am the RT was down, for a short time.

I heard the announcements while on the subway, there was a problem at McCowan Station.

Are you sure it was a real fire?

Toronto Fire has been doing emergency training there for the past couple of weeks. The area was taped off earlier in the week too. When I went past this afternoon, there was no fire, but about 25-30 people were at track level, and it looked like they were being briefed or de-briefed.

Well there was serious smoke coming from Tunnel 2, it could have been a drill, but there were at least 5 different emergency vehicles parked in front of the "It's a Dog's Life" store on Indian Road. And subways were going in between Keele and Dundas West at that time, both ways.

I heard the announcements while on the subway, there was a problem at McCowan Station.

They where reporting having switching problems at McCowan

Well there was serious smoke coming from Tunnel 2, it could have been a drill, but there were at least 5 different emergency vehicles parked in front of the "It's a Dog's Life" store on Indian Road. And subways were going in between Keele and Dundas West at that time, both ways.

Most likely a drill as they would have stoped subway service and cut full power if it was a fire.

According to the news, there was another stabbing last night at Kennedy, by the looks of it, it was in the bus level. The TTC needs to get the east end under control, this is the 2nd stabbing at an east-end station in a few weeks. More (and/or better) cameras, increased security, or something else needs to be done.

Accordingly, shuttle buses would've been running between Lawrence East and Warden.

They already have good control of Kennedy station, the police and TTC patrol the station alot since its

a hang out for teens coming and going to school/STC, this was stabbing would have happened where ever

those 2 people knew each other and had problems, luck had it that they met a Kennedy at the time, if it wasnt there, it would have been on the street, STC or where ever. Also the victim is not helping police.

They already have good control of Kennedy station, the police and TTC patrol the station alot since its

a hang out for teens coming and going to school/STC, this was stabbing would have happened where ever

those 2 people knew each other and had problems, luck had it that they met a Kennedy at the time, if it wasnt there, it would have been on the street, STC or where ever. Also the victim is not helping police.

The victim that got stabbed actually got into a fight with 3 other guys which is when he got stabbed, they most likely all knew each other.

Just by looking at the shuttle buses, it looks like Eglinton, Arrow and Wilson are running the buses.

Add Malvern to that. OTOH I'm not sure Wilson had buses out for this.

EDIT: Add Birchmount to that too. I just saw a 91 V pass by.

Is TTC running all Spadina line trains to Downsview this morning instead of short turning half the trains at St.Clair West ?

As mentioned by Neil, all trains were running to Downsview, which I noticed this morning while waiting for my usual empty SCW train. I also noticed while heading northbound on the Spadina Line that trains coming southbound were packed much worse than usual. There was a backlog of people waiting at St. George Stn, because trains were already full entering the station.

Add Malvern to that. OTOH I'm not sure Wilson had buses out for this.

Buses for something like this will come from wherever they're available, regardless of distance from the event - Arrow Rd and Queensway had at least one bus each for the east end shuttles a couple of weeks ago because a couple of their night bus drivers volunteered to help out. If it's an ongoing thing like today's was, they likely cycled some buses through the shuttle from their regular routes in addition to having some that were dedicated to it.